Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Glider Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 10:22 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glider Question

I'm in the market for a glider kit and have it narrowed down between the Majestic by Laser Arts and the Olympic II sold by Sky-Bench. Anyone flying either of these gliders that can comment on the build and flying characteristic's. I've read several places that the Oly II is a good sailplane but I have not found much on the Majestic. As far as looks go I like the look of the Majestic much better.

Thanks in advance..
Old 02-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Ranfred Radius
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Glider Question

The Olyll is hard to beat! The build is straight forward and it thermals exceptionally well.

Randy
Old 02-28-2005, 02:20 AM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Thanks for the reply rocketman47... Have you or anyone built one of the Oly II's from sky-bench?? I've never done any dealing with sky-bench. I'm more concerned with the quality of the plans and instructions than the laser cut parts. I've read a couple of post where a couple of people where not that impressed with the plans and instructions it wasn't this glider but I believe it was the viking. The complaints where more focused on the instructions than anything for example the mods to the plane where listed in the instructions but not on the plans, some of the gluing steps in the instructions wasn't clear for example glue in W-1 and half way through the page it tells you to do something else before gluing in W-1. For some that may be OK but thats not what i'm looking for I want a kit thats straight forward and something I don't have to read the instructions fifteen time every time I get ready to glue a piece.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:46 PM
kkw

Blake.
the Olyll is a good, slow flying, old design glider. I have built a couple from plans and have the old RCM news article to help with the instructions. It is straight forward and easy to build. I built mine from scratch, so the kit from Skybench would simplify it even more. The wings are prone to flutter, so fly it slow. The Viking is a better performer. The Majestic is better still. (my opinion). I still have an Olyll and fly it now and then. Cover in Super Monokote, to help with the wing flutter.

kkw.