Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

TT GP07, Enough Power?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 01:57 PM
SquirlNutZipper
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT GP07, Enough Power?

I've got a Hanger-9 Aspier EP that I've taken the electrics out of. In their place are going a nitro setup. The engine I purchased for this project is the Thunder Tiger GP-07. But now I'm having second thoughts as to the engine I've chosen. Does anyone know if this engine will produce enough thrust with a 7x4 prop to sufficiently fly the plane? Or should I consider a larger engine?

Thanks,
Old 03-24-2005, 02:19 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: TT GP07, Enough Power?

a lowly .049 reed valve will drag up a sub 2 pound, 2 meter glider with ease so the TT should have no problem, just don't expect it to be a rocket. if you want fast then get a good .15...

i have no experience with the TT but you might want to try a 7x3 instead of the 7x4

dave