Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

cg for Omega 1.8e and prop question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

cg for Omega 1.8e and prop question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 12:14 AM
rmoore7167

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cg for Omega 1.8e and prop question

Well got Omega 1.8e together and flew once. Wasnt too sure about cg. The instructions said that should be at spar. In order to do I had to add about 1/3 oz to front. So decided to tear apart and rebuild. Moved servos forward and battery is touching motor now. Still the cg is about 1 3/4 inches from leading edge (as measured close to fuselage) Dont know what else to do. I shaved everywhere I could. I dont have weight now, but still missing recommended cg by about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I have a 3s 2100 battery so giving alot of extra weight. I thought I could get away with a 3s 1500 but I'd really have to add more weight. Right now the Omega weighs in at 24 oz

Im running a axi 1215/20 swinging a 12 x 8 prop. Flys fairly slow. Which is ok for now. Im only pulling about 8 amps. Any recs on a different prop?

I attached a pic so you could comment
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42473.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	258018