Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Flying wing help...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 07:12 PM
robert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying wing help...

Hi,
I have a friend that is designing his own flying wing design, for general combat and fun. The only thing he needs now is a bit of designing help. Would any of you know the best profiles, sweeps, sizes, if he should use washout, where to put fins, (one in the middle, or two at the wing tips.)
Is there anything else he should watch out for?
Thanks alot for all your help!!!
Regards,
Robert.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:22 AM
probligo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Combat wings -

Best suggestion I can think of is to buy one of the EPP kits that are on the market.

They are cheap enough... fly the tail off them

From my own experience, there is such a difference between wings and conventional that a basic start is essential.
Old 10-05-2002, 05:26 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Flying wing help...

Lot's of options. Plank or swept. Lot's of airfoils too but the selection depends on the planform. One depends on the other. Slope flying I presume.

Try some internet searches. There's a built up Zagi plan floating around out there.

If it's for a sloper what about a pure symetrical airfoil. Then it just needs a little up elevon for stability because the symetrical airfoil is neutral on it's own.

A control line deisel combat wing with a couple of fins at the outboard edges of the elevator and some ailerons cut into the outer panels would work fine on a slope. A radio controlled Warlord?