Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Anyone Own And Flown The Xr Combatwing On The Slopes???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Anyone Own And Flown The Xr Combatwing On The Slopes???

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 02:34 AM
crash and burn
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Own And Flown The Xr Combatwing On The Slopes???

Hello,

I am about to purchase a model from combatwings. It's the XR model.

Anybody out there own one???

What do you think???

Can it be lauched with a highstart??

Thanks,

C&B
Old 10-07-2002, 04:35 PM
rhino

I own, fly and love my XR Wing. I highly reccomend it. I like how it flys inverted and in light lift. The plane is well done and the guys at combatwings are great.

As for starting off a highstart, never done it. My wing has been a slope plane only.

Maybe someone else has tried it?

Hank
Old 10-11-2002, 04:50 AM
CactusJackSlade

Default XR Combat wing

I have had Zagi's and XR's. The XR's fly GREAT and tipstall a little less than the Zagi's. They fly inverted great too. If you want to see some photos of an XR conversion to electric and back to glider go here:

http://www.hobiehawkinfo.com/ZEXR.html

In 3 minutes I can be speed 400 powered or back to glider mode - cool, 2 planes for the price of one! This could be done with any foam wing, which I have done on Zagi's too!

XR building advice: Keep the weight behind the CG to a MINIMUM or you will have to add nose weight! That means NO excess strapping tape and I'd not even cover the elevons with packing tape, just a light coat of paint. Be sure to SAND your elevons into an aero trailing edge shape, this helps performance and further REDUCES WEIGHT behind the CG.

Have fun!

B-man
Old 10-12-2002, 04:41 AM
ExtraTX

XR's are great.

Go to winglauncher.com for a bungie start, he has videos on there too. I have one and it works very well. I fly with the launcher's inventor and he can launch 100+ feet. I am still getting used to it. No modifications to the wing is necessary, it has a little cradle that holds it.

My XR out-slopes my zagi all day long and it weighs more. Better inverted flight too. I cut my battery in very close to the nose and bumped my receiver forward too. Iron on covering and all, even on the elevons and it balanced perfectly with no added weight, score.