Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

FOR THE SAILPLANE AND AIRTRONICS RD6000 Super WIZARDS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

FOR THE SAILPLANE AND AIRTRONICS RD6000 Super WIZARDS

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 06:30 AM
EF

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default FOR THE SAILPLANE AND AIRTRONICS RD6000 Super WIZARDS

I am setting up my RC Sailplane with the RD6000 SUPER for the first time.
I have separate flaps and ailerons, i.e. 4 different servos in the wing.

I want to set up the following functions:
CROW - both flaps go down and both ailerons go up
CLIMB - both flaps go down and both ailerons also go down
FLAPS only via the throttle channel, moving only the flaps
FLAPS up (just a little)- would like to have that set up by a toggle switch, not the stick.

Is all this possible?, how?, and would appreciate any advise on all the above by the seasoned expert sailplane fliers.

The RD6000 Super manual is not very clear, I've read it a couple of times, and although English isn't my native language I think it's reasonable, yet I can't quite understand how to do it all from the manual alone.

By the way, the model is the old Airtronics Peregrine. Found the kit in a shop and liked it, it's now fully built and only the wing servos and setting up are left to do.

THANKS!!!
Old 07-09-2005, 04:32 PM
TFLG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FOR THE SAILPLANE AND AIRTRONICS RD6000 Super WIZARDS

Unfotunately you can't do all that with a RD-6000 super or even an 8000 for that matter. The RD-6000/8000 radios a great entry level computer radios. Very easy to program and inexpensive. However they are quite limited when it comes to advanced sailplane mixes. You can get crow but not crow and camber, or crow and aileron/flap mixing. Basically you can get ONE advanced mix such as crow. But even that is not easy to do with the radio and if you set up crow it really lmits the other things you may want to do such as use the flap mixed to the ailerons.

You need something like a Futaba 9C, a Stylus, JR9103 etc. You need a high end computer radio to do all that.

TFLG