Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Can I add power to an already built Zagi 5C?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Can I add power to an already built Zagi 5C?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 01:04 PM
BlackB12
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I add power to an already built Zagi 5C?

I just built a Zagi 5C combat slope wing and it flies great. There's a great slope sight about 2 miles from me if the wind is blowing from the NE. On the other days I think it would be fun if the Zagi had a motor. Can the Zagi 5C be modified to take a motor pod that could be quickly installed AND quickly removed to turn it back into a slope Wing? I'd like to make the Wing a dual purpose machine if that's possible. Most of the Zagi electrics I've seen have the battery for the motor cut into the wing. Is there a simple way to have a pod attach to the top of the wing that houses the motor battery, motor, and speed control? Then I'd just have to fish the speed control wire into the throttle channel on teh receiver. If this is possible, what motor/battery combo would work? I'm new to electrics so I'd have to buy a charger too.

Mike
Old 11-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can I add power to an already built Zagi 5C?

You've already done most of the hard work.... coming up with the idea and a method.
A strap on pod, with the pusher motor and battery is a simple addition to a Zagi.
The whole thing can be on a plywood plate that is gum-banded on the wing.