Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Hotliner or pylon racer

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 05:29 PM
Lammy1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotliner or pylon racer

This part of the hobby has eluded me as I can not find this type of plane that can utilize 3s1320 or3s2100 lipo's. Iwill own nothing but electrics. however the planes I own are not designed for speed making it difficult to fly w/the glow planes. Any suggestions other than hobby lobby's plane?
Old 01-01-2006, 03:01 AM
ACES&8s

Default RE: Hotliner or pylon racer

Lammy...Dynaflite Talon Slope Glider fitted with brushless, for the 1320 11.1 volt. This plane was flown on a 400 with 1250 7.4 volt. It is both Pylon capable and hotliner. The kit is inexpensive, simple to build with CA, easy to cover, and the airframe is light, strong and agile. Power to weight increased by the 11.1 volt and a brushless motor, would make it very fast. You may need to optimize the airfoil. If time to fly ratio for you is imperitive, this is one solution...albeit involving some building for a change. See my talon from the gallery. Best wishes...DrDiscus
Old 01-03-2006, 11:36 PM
glover1482

Default RE: Hotliner or pylon racer

There are lots of "speed 400" sized pylon racers that will work great with small 3S packs. I fly the Triffik from soaringusa and really enjoy it. Esprit and Icare also carry several small pylon racers. These toys will typically have 70-140mph capability, and with their small size look even faster. You have lots of choices.