Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Sloper

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 01:01 AM
charliey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sloper

I've done a fair bit of sloping, but always in light air, and with a 2.5M thermaller. Now I have to upgrade to something more meaningful - without going overboard. Sure don't need violent aerobatics or combat just yet, thanks.
Thinking of a 1.5 - 1.75M, EPP foam, with ailerons.
Any ideas / recommendations?
Would appreciate.
Tnx
Old 01-13-2006, 06:41 AM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sloper

charliey,

One of the best you can buy is the DAW Schweizer !-26 2m, which is available through Sky King RC Products (www.skykingrcproducts.com). It's a beginner's aileron sloper and a great performer. The EPP makes it tough as nails so you can practice aerobatics without fear of wrecking your invrstment.

A little smaller is the Magnum models Cobra one-design racer. It's also a great sport flyer and does well in light air. Check out slopeflyer.com for more planes. You'll find out that with slope, just like the rest of this hobby, you're only limited by the size of your wallet and how much of its contents you're willing to part with. Good luck, and if you come out this way, come on out to the Dunes.

papermache
Old 01-15-2006, 10:01 AM
charliey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tnx, mate - will look at them.
Also, have heard of the LEG -1 - any ideas?
Old 01-17-2006, 09:30 AM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charliey,

I Haven't flown the LEG 1-D, but Leading Edge has a fine reputation. It's a one-design racer like the Magnum Cobra and probably has similar charachteristics.

papermache