Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Roedel Models

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 03:35 PM
BrianH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roedel Models

I am thinking about ordering a Fox glider from Roedel in germany.

Anyone with experience with their line of kits?

Thanks

Brian
Old 12-01-2002, 05:14 PM
Gary Retterbush

Default Roedel Models

I fly the little Fox and love it! Roedel makes very good birds. Good quality and good instructions and good flying. Highly recommended! ( and I don't even get paid to say that)

BTW, that is my 2.8m Fox on their web site.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:37 AM
tdeliman-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Default Rodel quality

I am in the process of putting the finishing touches on a 4.2 meter Rodel ASK 21. The craftsmanship and materials have been some of the best I have seen on the smaller (under 4 meter) ships I have seen. The instructions on mine have left a little to be desired, but with a little patience and imaginiation, it was no real problem. I would not hesitate to buy another one of his kits if the price is right.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:49 AM
Gary Retterbush

Default Roedel Models

tdeliman, you will like the ASK21. It thermals VERY well and is big enough to get out there where they are. My tow pilot friend has one (he gets on the other end of the line at times). It is also very easy to toss off the slopes. Drawback: she pays for the thermalling ability when it comes to speed but that is more or less expected.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:50 PM
HHRND

Default Instructions!!!

WOW a German scale sailplane with instructions! I didn't know there was such a thing.

Seriously though I have seen several Roedel kits and they look great. Do you have any other scale sailplanes Brian? We are going to hold a scale sailplane event here in Illinois next June 13-15 at the fullscale gliderport in Monticello, JR Aerotow. If you get the Fox done in time we are also going to hold an aerobatic sailplane competition during the event. We've got a growing group of power aerobatic guys (including Peter Goldsmith and Mike McConville of TOC fame) who have been bitten by the sailplane aerobatics bug and will be there.

Hope you can make it!

John
Old 10-12-2005, 09:01 AM
R/C Deals

Default RE: Roedel Models

How much was the import tax if any from Germany?