Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

electric talon motor choice

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 12:50 PM
whaturi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric talon motor choice

hi guys. i just finished my first glider, a talon. i now want to electrify it. i will be using a thunderpower 1320 lipo and an old 30 amp wattage esc i have around. now i realize i have no idea what would be a good motor for this glider. i guess it would need a folding prop too, and i never had one of those either. are they sold as one unit? what do you guys reccomend? thanks!
Old 03-04-2006, 03:16 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Default RE: electric talon motor choice

Hey, I'm not a electric expert, but if I where you I'd go to the electric section, and ask about using that old ESC on the lipo, it may take the voltage level too far down, and then you'll have and old cheap ESC, and a ruined new lipo.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:25 PM
whaturi

all done.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:43 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Nice looking plane. Do check about the old esc with lipos though, if you draw the voltage down below a voltage, I'm not sure what that is, they won't recharge.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:33 PM
whaturi

yeah they should not get below 9.9 volts with 3 cell. i just use a volt meter until i get used to the run time. it looks like im going to get a long runtime though, with these 1320s. i can't wait for a calm day. i flew it today in the wind.. wind sucks!!!!!!!!