Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Harley's hinges

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:08 AM
MidlifeCrisis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley's hinges

I decided to build a vintage Ace Easy Eagle. I am worried about the hinge design. It is made of latex. The strips included in the kit are 16+ years old now, and although they look fine I am worried about early failure. The instructions tell not to bevel the hinge lines like usually done in standard RC models. However, the prospect of having hinge failures makes me compelled to use standard CA hinges. I wish to know if the Harley's hinges are much of an advantage in a sailplane or if I can use the traditional hinging method without much performance penalty.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:31 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Default RE: Harley's hinges

Use the normal hinges, if Harley's where better EVERYONE would use them, they don't.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:40 AM
N0JRS

Default RE: Harley's hinges

Do you you possibly still have the plans to the Ace Easy Eagle glider? I bought one off E-bay and am missing an upper part of the plan. If you do and would be willing to copy the plan or sell it to me, I would appreciate it. I bought the plan from the daughter of a gentleman who started the plan but died before it was finished. I want to finish it an fly it. Also, what did you end up using for the hinges? Did you build it as a powered glider?
Thanks,
Lynn