Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Multiplex DG 600, anyone else have one?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Multiplex DG 600, anyone else have one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 07:05 PM
e-sailpilot86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex DG 600, anyone else have one?

This one:

DG 600

This plane is what I've been looking for! Is there any advise regarding the construction, putting on decals, etc. I may want to know about? I've seen a similar DG 600 fly, loved the way it sounded and flew, especially the way it looked! I think it was this same one, flew great!
Old 12-22-2002, 07:09 PM
e-sailpilot86

Old 12-22-2002, 11:03 PM
MTT
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DG 600 evo by Multiplex

e-sailpilot, I had one, and was quite happy with it.
The kit comes well equipped, all you will need additionally are the electrical connectors for the wing-fuselage connection, glue, covering and your r/c gear, of course.
Quality of the parts is the usual high quality from Multiplex, the building basically consits of installing the incidence pins and Multilock wing retainers, assembling the canopy, and installation of radio gear.
If you pay attention to the instructions, which are very clear and complete, you won't have any problems at all.

All in all, no unpleasant surprises !

As I said, I was happy with mine, I only sold it because I had the opportunity to get my hands on a Multiplex ASH26, and needed the $$.

BTW, this is a six ( seven with tow -release) servo ship, with flaps, ailerons, rudder, elevator.
At the location where the aileron servo is to be installed (servo wells are already cutout in the wings), the wing is already quite thin, the only servo I know which will fit there without protruding, are the Multiplex Super FL's

Michael
Old 12-23-2002, 05:24 PM
e-sailpilot86

Thanks for the help! Very reassuring hearing a nice review. Enjoy your ASH 26, looks like an excellent plane.
Old 12-24-2002, 03:26 AM
jorgeelizondom
My Feedback: (1)

A friend has one and it flyes great, on the slope and behind a tug.

As a bonus, you get a beautiful whoosh on speed runs!
Old 12-24-2002, 08:08 PM
VinceC

I am on my second one. The first was struck down with a faulty Tx but I loved the model so much I bought a second which is the carbon edition.
The first had no air-brakes and landed no problems using crow. The second came with brakes but really they are not needed unless you want to enter scale competition.
The wind speed range on the slope was incredible from a slight breeze to a howler, in fact if you set it up as recommended you will have no problems. I did the maiden flight on my second one in 30 mph winds.
This model really screams around the sky and aerobats well. In fact the only problem with it is pulling too much G and bending the wing joiner bar.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:51 AM
e-sailpilot86

WOW!!

What a nice plane! HUGE as well! No mistakes can be made in purchasing this plane! Can't wait to get building this beauty. I had no idea an Obechi sheeted wing could look so great! Thanks for the help everyone, I might eventually start a thread on building this beauty, I've never had such a big plane. For a couple of days I was having fun laying out 12 feet of measuring tape. BTW, the plane I saw which was a DG-600, was smaller... he he he