Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

3D flyer just orderd a SIG RISER

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

3D flyer just orderd a SIG RISER

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 04:09 PM
hooliganflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D flyer just orderd a SIG RISER

Hi everyone, I have just ordered a sig riser (2m wingspan, not the riser 100) and I have a few questions. First I would like to know if it is possible to construct the riser with a two piece wing (for ease of transportation). How is this plane in terms of weight and flying? I'll appreciate any help.

Regards

Darren
Old 06-17-2006, 07:06 PM
ejett
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D flyer just orderd a SIG RISER

Yes, you can modify the wing to a two piece wing. You would have to develop a joiner system that would provide the strength in the center section and you would need to use some alignment pins in the rear and possibly the front to maintain the correct relationship of the airfoil from one side to another. The joiner section would have to slide into at least one side of the wing and the "joiner box" on the wing halves should be wrapped with kevlar tow or glass cloth or something similar to prevent the box from bursting under load.

That said, I don't actually have a Sig Riser, but with a little thought it should not be difficult to incorporate the features you need in the wing.

I'll check and see if I have a set of plans for the Riser; it seems like I do.

EJ
Athens, LA