Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Airtronics Whisper 95....What is it?

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Airtronics Whisper 95....What is it?

Old 07-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Cashpoboy
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Airtronics Whisper 95....What is it?

Anyone ever heard of a Whisper 95 by Airtronics? Any links to see one?

Also, I am looking for a Sagitta 600. Any of them out there for purchase?

I go to the beach every year and in the past have brought a Sagitta 600 for sloping.
What is a glider that would be similar and have as good or better performance without costing an arm and a leg?[8D]
Old 07-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Ol Ken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airtronics Whisper 95....What is it?

Below is a link for a picture of a Whisper 95. If my memory is correct it was an all wood built up thermal duration sailplane with a 95 inch wingspan. BTW I have no connection to the builder of the plane and I have never seen one fly. I just remember seeing the advertisements for it way back when

Can't help with the slope question.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Crat...ing/index.html
Old 08-12-2006, 09:04 AM
ejett
My Feedback: (4)

The Whisper 95 is a "Standard Class" full house, built up wood sailplane. The wing design is very similar to the Legend, but smaller and the fuse is also built up with conventionally mounted tail. Airfoil was S3021. I have not flown one. It was introduced just before Airtronics got out of the kit business. DC Hobbies had short kits available until they sold out. The new owner of the Airtronics kit rights may re-introduce them sometime in the next year.

I have not actually seen or flown one other than pictures. If you have an opportunity to buy one, especially if it is an original Airtronics kit, you most likely cannot lose money on it unless it is really outrageously overpriced.

EJ
Athens, LA
Old 09-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Tim Wolff
My Feedback: (4)

I've got one I bought from another flyer a few years back. I set it up for std. servos on the rudder and elev. and Hitec HS-85MG servos on the alierons and flaps. Never got around to doing much flying with it. It is completely shippable as the tail is removable. Shoot me an e-mail if you're interested.

Also have a 2-meter Whisper that has been frammed up. The fuse looks good, but the builder did a terrible job on the wings and the wing junctions will need a lot of work.