Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Pivot + CG

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 08:47 PM
wsmorton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pivot + CG

Hi!

Just finished the Pivot + by Dodgson Designs! I bought the kit back in Houston, TX for $45 in 1997 and just got around to putting it together. I opted for the 72 inch wings. It has 2 Hitech 81 sevos, Hitech 04MG reciever and a 250 mA battery pack. The only thing left to do is to balance the plane. The plans show the CG at 5/8 inch behind the fuse spar tube and is balanced without the wings attached. I marked the spot on the fuse and then pinched the fuse between my fingers at the CG location and the plane seems a bit tail heavy. This seems really.....inacurate. Can any of you pivot owners out there tell me where the CG is with the wings on and from the leading edge of the root?

I am also looking for a place to fly this bird in my area (Peoria, AZ) and wish to stay in the N.W. Valley if possible. Also looking for an experienced Pivot pilot to do the "Check Out" and test flight as I have not flown RC in about 5 years.

I have added some pictures of the plane in the forum gallery and to this post.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61105.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	507952   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh18856.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	507953   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61969.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	507954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh12656.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	507955  
Old 08-18-2006, 01:20 AM
Hans Dahl Christensen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pivot + CG

C of G.

I have never met a plane where the C of G should be located without the WINGS attached to the fuse !

If the instructions call for that - us the instructions !

But if that is not clearly indicated - put on the wings and balance according to plans - maybe in the beginning 3 - 5 mm in front of the mentioned C of G.

KR

hld - OY-9901