Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Pike Perfect

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:12 AM
amjflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pike Perfect

Im on the look out for a good heavy conditions glider. I have an Escape, Graphite and Ellipse 1, only the Ellipse really works well in heavy conditions (which we get alot of in the UK, the other Sunday in a comp even thre Ellipse was going backwards in a 30mph wind). The Pike Perfect seems like it might just be the ticket. I especially like the idea of a multi-section wing, this makes perfect sense and of course is also full size practice.

Has anyone any experience of its performance yet?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:24 AM
rattus

Default RE: Pike Perfect

i have seen them fly and they handel the wind well and fly very very well. its going to be my next glider when i get some $ hahahahaha
Old 10-03-2006, 07:13 PM
charnwooduk

Default RE: Pike Perfect

The pike perfect is still slightly better suited to slightly calmer conditions... although it would have no big issues in wind.

At the UK F3J competitions the xperience-pro seems to be the current favorite for all but the calmest conditions where the Shadow takes over.

No doubt next year we'll start to see a few more perfects and supra's pop up for the everyday conditions.

try http://www.acemodel.co.uk for both the Xperience pro and Shadow. The acemodel guys were all flying these models at the World Champs a couple of months ago in Slovakia.

The nice thing is as well as being fantastic models, they are quite affordable

I think most F3J models now have "multi-section" wings

Try the UK forum at http://www.flyquiet.co.uk for more advice on models to suit the UK conditions.

Richard Swindells