Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

West Central Iowa Soaring Pilots?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

West Central Iowa Soaring Pilots?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 04:00 PM
spirit pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West Central Iowa Soaring Pilots?

Are there any members out there in the west central Iowa area (Carroll, Glidden, Perry)? I live in Coon Rapids and sorry to say am about ready to "throw in the towel" as I have not been able to find anyone around here with any interest in the sport.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Heartland
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: West Central Iowa Soaring Pilots?

Sorry to hear you haven't found anyone else in the area to fly with. I know how boring it can get flying by yourself. If I was still in Omaha I'd drive over for a day of flying once in a while. If there isn't anyone else in the area already flying, why not try to get others started in the hobby? I've found just as much satisfaction teaching others to fly as I've had doing any other kind of flying.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:03 PM
spirit pilot

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunetly I'm still learning myself, so I'm hardly someone to teach others, unless it's how to crash, which I'm very good at.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:41 PM
slopemeno
My Feedback: (2)

Maybe put an ad on "Craigslist" in the activites section. Sometimes you have to be that person who ropes other people into coming out and flying; my group definitely has one guy who is the master of ceremonies, so to speak. Do you have a local hobby shop? Put up a flier and some pictures and fly at a regular time and place.

Hey, ultimately you'll need a beginer to sell your old planes to, right? Looks like you need to grow your own.