Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Your opinion on Wanderer & Daydream

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Your opinion on Wanderer & Daydream

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 06:14 PM
Skycam41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your opinion on Wanderer & Daydream

I am looking to buy a 2M sailplane for flatland thermal flying, nothing full house or fancy, just a simple, practical good flying glider. I have thought about the Dynaflite Wanderer, Daydream or the Midwest Essence...any comments on these basic glider kits? I plan to hi start.
Thanks
Old 01-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Ollie

You would do better with a Lil Bird 2, Kestrel, Soverign or even a Spirit.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:31 AM
Mike Sabine

I just "built" a Spirit 2 meter glider. Have not even flown it yet. Has rudder and elevator and optional air brakes. The instructions were good.
Old 01-14-2003, 04:50 AM
slopeboy

Hi! Listen to Ollie and Mike. Wanderer was my first plane and it is a gray area kit. My next plane a Oly 650.This kit almost went together by it self.No gaps in notchs where spars go. If you still want to do wood. Please read this every thing on this site www.ccdemo.info/SportsAndHobbies and click on RCSailplanes.html Late!
Old 02-05-2003, 10:30 PM
bluezephyr

Default The Wanderer

Hello Canada Goose I havent built or flew many gliders only two built and maybe flown a hand full. The gliders that I built were the Gentle Lady and a House of Balsa 2X4 BUT the best simple glider that I have ever Flown was my friends Wanderer that is about 20 years old I'm guessing. It thermals well and flies so sweet, and most of all let tell you a little more about his glider, it was his first kit ever and like almost everybody else he learned a lot about building with this kit. His glider was built completely with epoxy (heavy stuff), had a old big heavy radio system (heavy stuff), and to top it off originaly covered it with silkspan and dope ( even more heavy stuff) and later stripped the covering and he could not get all the glue off and then recovered it with iron on film. With all this heavy stuff it flies like a true buzzard.

Hey I think I'll get off of here and order one for myself and just imagine how well it should thermal building it with all the lite glues, covering and the sweet lite radio's of today. Almost gives you a HIGH just thinking of does'nt it.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:19 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

What's wrong with the Bird in your avatar? Thought you LIKED that one....