Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Easy Star as a sailplane

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 10:04 PM
sawdust
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Easy Star as a sailplane

I like to use the Easy Star as a sailplane. Mine has a Mega 16/15/4 and a 2100 3 cell lipo. So it gets very high very fast. I use a 6 x 4 prop, extended the rudder 5/8 of an inch, and fixed the wings so they stay on. The wings are still removable.

Rarely do I get less than a 30 minute flight. Most of the time I fly it for 40 minutes and come down. 40 minutes is my physical limit. Anyway flight times have been great. And to date I have never ran the battery down to shut off voltage. I fly it a lot and it does great in 15-20 mph winds.

If you get tired using it as a sailplane, you can do some continuous loops, inside or outside, do a big barrel roll, and do some touch and goes. The Easy Star is probably as durable a plane that you can buy. It is cheap, easy to assemble, and very transportable. And it is fun really fun to fly.

Any body else using the Easy Star as a sailplane? bob
Old 10-21-2006, 04:24 PM
daveosoar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Easy Star as a sailplane

Well, it is, after all, a powered glider.
Daveosoar.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:34 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Works pretty well as an electric launced glider. If you use lithiums and get the equipment positioned so that you don't need any nose weight and it will glider great and thermal great and works fine on the slope too.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:57 PM
mjswider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is another EZ* slope sailer. I enjoy flying it under power also, but by far the biggest thrill is running it up and down the cliffs along the ocean where I live (So Cal). I am not sure what makes a plane a sail plane, but before I discovered the slopes I would often get my plane really high and just soar it down to low. Never really found any thermals, but I only have maybe 15 flights total if that.