Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Building a minature glider

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:43 PM
haris00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building a minature glider

Hi guys I have to make a miniature glider which can take atleast pay load of 15g i.e 1 ping pong ball and 1 AAA battery. Please tell me weather i should go for biplane or mono plane and the best way for making a cambered wing from Balas wood sheets and small pieces of wood. i will have to launch it from a straight ramp using elastic power much like in aircraft carrier. please let me know soon.
Cheers.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:48 PM
SoCal GliderGuider

Default RE: Building a minature glider

Using elastics to launch is called catapult. The problem with a high speed launch is the airfoil and the trim is different than what one would want for an optimum glide. I suggest you find a good free flight forum and search for hand launch gliders. These have from 12" to 24" wing spans and are optimized for a high speed launch transitioning into a slow flat glide. I think there is even a class for catapult gliders.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:43 PM
haris00

Default RE: Building a minature glider

Thank you very much I will look thru them .... I really appericiate your help.
Regards.