Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

GOt a GULP

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 09:15 PM
rimshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good fast foamies?

Does anone know of a good fast foamie? NOT a warbird, I'm tired of warbirds. I want epp and a good fast 48- 60" size. I really liked the sidewinder 48" and 60" from AGR, but they no longer make them. Does anyone happen to know Mike personally? Maybe he's got some left. had the cyclone 60" from rpv, but I didn't care for the thin balsa tail. Help!
Old 08-12-2002, 10:56 AM
rimshot

Default No, not the JW

Tired of those as well, everyone has one, and they all fly them around and around and around and around.........speedy yes, but not what I'm lookin for.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:55 AM
Daemon

Default Perhaps the Moth or Bluto

Try the Moth or Bluto from http://www.northcountyflyingmachines.com
The 48" Bluto is about as fast as the 60" JW with more energy retention and the 56" Bluto is faster than pretty much any other foamie made, on par with quite a number of ballasted crunchies.
Check out their videos of the Moth and Bluto DSing to see its ultimate potential. Has been clocked at over 100mph while DSing. It's also been cleaning up in the MoM races although the Gulp is decent competition.

If you're dead set against wings then perhaps the Scooter from Bowman Hobbies would work for you. It's fast and aerobatic. I've got a Mini Scooter that has a pretty high wing loading so it's quite a rocket. A friend has a Cyclone which isn't not all that excited about. I forget why he didn't care for it, but he much prefers to fly his JW, of all things, because it's so rock solid stable and pulls through the turns harder than just about anything else.

ian
Old 09-16-2002, 07:34 AM
rimshot

Default GOt a GULP

I bought a Gulp from steve drake, can't wait to build it!