Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Re: Cold Fingers

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 01:02 AM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow sloping is better than No sloping!!!

But at least the snow is soft!
Old 05-15-2002, 10:53 PM
Daemon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cold Fingers

Originally posted by SCALEFLYER
What are you guys doing to keep your fingers warm?
I simply learned to fly with gloves. Then I learned to fly with thickly insulated windproof, waterproof, snowmobile gloves. On top of that I use one of those foam ski masks with the little holes in it for nose and mouth. Very cosy. People look at me like I'm crazy and then run back to their cars for a half hour to warm up their fingers and face, while I fly all day. People always tell me "I just can't fly with gloves." Ya, but if your fingers are frozen you can't fly without em either.

It's a worthwhile skill to have, and opens up a lot more flying possibilities, and I'm here to tell you it's quite doable. Start with thin gloves and work your way up.

ian