Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Airtronics Cumic Bought

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 01:57 PM
bob95065

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Cumic Bought

I posted yesterday that I had a chance to get a Cumic. I answered an ad and got a NOS kit in the box. It had been on a shelf for 20+ years. The kit is complete and he also gave me the covering required to complete the kit. All I need is radio gear. The price: $25.

I used to fly glow planes and never flew a glider. I live in Santa Cruz, CA so I should be able to find some good places near the beach. I am going to try to find a club nearby so I can get some instruction on how to fly this plane.

How is this plane to build and fly? I have been out of the hobby for 10 years so I am basically starting over. The guy that instructed me said I picked up flying planes really fast. I hope I can pick up gliders just as quickly.

Bob
Old 08-25-2007, 04:13 AM
knowhereman

Default RE: Airtronics Cumic Bought

Bob,

Awesome buy for $25! You stole it off him for that price. I sold my Cumic Kit for $240 AUD ( approx $200 US) a couple of months back. I have just got back into the Sailplanes after 15 years out. I decided to go it alone, a few hand launches and not too tight on the first bungee launch and away I went. Build it straight, balance right and you will have no trouble at all.

Please throw a couple of pics up when you have finished it.

KNOWHEREMAN
Old 08-26-2007, 11:04 AM
dld

Default RE: Airtronics Cumic Bought

Bob,

You beat me to that Cumic by about 6 hours. I had talked to Mike (the guy selling it) about it several days earlier, but could not get there to pick it up until Friday night. It is indeed a great find. Enjoy it.

DLD