Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Vulcan Airfoil???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 09:10 PM
BadaBing007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vulcan Airfoil???

Hi,

I have a Vulcan fuse, which I bought at the WRAM show a few years back from Slegers Int. I was wondering if anyone had any info on the airfoil of this plane. Also, what is the break down for the wing layout (i.e. are there any panel breaks and where). In addition, does anyone have any feed back on this plane. Oh yeah, tail feather info would be nice too (shape, dimension, layout, etc.).

Thanks,
Michael
Old 03-28-2003, 10:24 PM
shoe-RCU

I think the vulcan used the S7012
Old 03-28-2003, 11:31 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I think you forgot the smilie for that one Shoe. Let's see...... Dr Selig's FATHER was probably a young lad who wasn't going to meet his future wife for quite a few years yet at the time the Vulcan first took to the skies......

Or are you reffering to the kit that may have used something other than the scale airfoil?
Old 03-28-2003, 11:38 PM
shoe-RCU

sorry, I assumed he was talking about the Vulcan 2m, designed by Mark Allen and sold by Slegers Int'l.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:28 AM
BadaBing007

I believe it is supposed to be a 2 meter plane. Lets see, the fuse is 40.25 inches long. The wing saddle is set up for an 8 inch root chord. It is an under-cambered airfoil. It was molded by Fuse Works (the tag is molded into the side of the fuse). There is a strip of carbon fiber molded into the fuse that runs fore and aft of the wing saddle.

I printed out a S7012 and it appears to matches saddle perfectly.
Next Question: Was it a tapered wing or did it have a break in it somewhere whit multiple tapers? I know the root chord to be 8 Ines. So, did the wing start at 8, then at say, 20 inches from the root, the chord was 6. From that point to the tip, is the chord reduced to 3. Or what would be a good ratio?
Any ideas???

Michael
Old 03-29-2003, 03:04 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally posted by shoe
sorry, I assumed he was talking about the Vulcan 2m, designed by Mark Allen and sold by Slegers Int'l.
Yep, you win Silly me was thinking PSS for a scale model. Guess I shoulda done a "slegers vulcan" search first....