Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Plans for Graupner Cirrus wings?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Plans for Graupner Cirrus wings?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 03:22 PM
farginicehole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans for Graupner Cirrus wings?

I recently re-acquired an old Cirrus fuselage and tail feathers from a kit my Grandpa gave me probably 25 years ago. I had started building this, and had the wings probably 80% completed. Now, I have no idea what happened to them, or the plans, over the years. I'd like to eventually build a new set, and would probably beef them up over the original design with some carbon fiber on the spar caps. Anyone know where I could get a copy of some plans? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
vintagesailplnr
My Feedback: (40)

Default RE: Plans for Graupner Cirrus wings?

Hi:

I have a set of plans. I can get copies made and give you the cost and then I can send them to you?
Thoughts?
Jim
Old 12-05-2007, 02:57 PM
farginicehole

That would be great, Jim! Would they be full-size copies? It has been a long time since I've seen these wings, but I'm assuming the materials used would be readily available, or I could make minor changes to make what IS available work (since some of the stock might have been metric sizes?).
Old 12-05-2007, 03:18 PM
vintagesailplnr

Hi:
Yes, I sell vintage scale glider plans and my blueprint shop does up to 36 inches wide by any length. Do you want me to make copies? I think there are two sheet. I have two kits, one is complete and one has some work started I think. If I can remember, I 'll make a copy of the parts list..... RSVP
Jim
Old 12-05-2007, 03:27 PM
farginicehole

I'm thinking a copy of the wing plans, the parts list and full-sized prints of the individual wing ribs (if this isn't included on the wing plans) would be great to have. Any rough idea of what this would cost me? I'm in no hurry, as I've got a ton of other stuff going on and still haven't finished the 2M Chrysalis I started LAST winter! Thanks again, Jim.

Regards,
Brian
Old 12-05-2007, 03:51 PM
vintagesailplnr

Brian:

I can also send the plans to you and let you make copies as long as they are returned with no evidence of abuse.

If I get copies made - xerox is about buck a ft^2. If they can make a blue/black line it would be $0.35 ft^2. not sure sure if they can, as the plans are only translucent........

Of course shipping would also be involved = folded about $3.95 rolled in a tube ? $10????
Jim
Old 12-05-2007, 04:03 PM
farginicehole

Sounds pretty reasonable to me, so yes, I'd like to get copies if you can do it. The blue or black line is fine if doable; otherwise, Xerox is okay too. Like I said, I'm in absolutely no hurry at all, and I'm actually leaving in a few days and won't be back in the country until the week before Christmas.

My grandpa used to fly another smaller sailplane a lot, and it was called an Albatross I think. Seems like that also may have been a Graupner, but I'm not sure. I think he did some modifications, like extending the wingspan a bit and adding some filler material to make the nose more pointed (cosmetic I guess). Ever heard of this plane before?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:58 PM
jpherit

ORIGINAL: vintagesailplnr

Brian:

I can also send the plans to you and let you make copies as long as they are returned with no evidence of abuse.

If I get copies made - xerox is about buck a ft^2. If they can make a blue/black line it would be $0.35 ft^2. not sure sure if they can, as the plans are only translucent........

Of course shipping would also be involved = folded about $3.95 rolled in a tube ? $10????
Jim

JIm,

I would be very interested in acquiring a full size Graupner Cirrus plan set as well. I have a Cirrus that I am in the process of rebuilding and my plans are unfortunately long gone.
Would you be interested in shipping a second set? I will be happy to pay a reasonable cost that covers your expenses.

JPH
Old 12-06-2007, 08:46 AM
farginicehole

Jim,

I may have located my original plans - I spoke with my stepmother and she said there is a box with a bunch of miscellaneous stuff in it, and that there are some prints that are in German. They live out of town, so I'll have to get over there and check it out. Thanks very much for your help, and I'll let you know if I still need new copies. Sounds like this thread has helped someone else out that needs plans too though!

Kind regards,
Brian
Old 12-06-2007, 12:41 PM
vintagesailplnr

Hi:
Yes I can two copies made as well. Write me off line;
[email protected]
Old 12-13-2007, 08:19 PM
vintagesailplnr

Hi Brian:
I have the Cirrus plans copied in black line. $12.00 + $3 shipping sound OK?
email me your complete address.
Send chack to :
Jim Ealy
256 Lake Drive
Nesquehoning, PA 18240-2000
regards,
Jim
Old 12-16-2007, 12:43 PM
cpc625

Mr. Ealy,

Talk about voices from the past. How ya been. Haven't conversed with you for probably 30 years. I see your still a member of LASS. Check the member list and you will understand. I'm 2 above you.

Charlie

Columbia, Pa
Old 12-16-2007, 04:57 PM
vintagesailplnr

HI:

I could not find the members list. Charlie, what's your last name, sorry.
Jim Ealy
Old 12-17-2007, 08:50 AM
farginicehole

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while since I've been back here, but I was out of the country on some business and had limited internet access. Anyhow, I did find my original plans, so I guess I'm all set. I hope this thread has been of help to others though, and thank you all for your replies and offers to help me out!

Best regards and happy holidays!

Brian
Old 01-01-2008, 11:16 PM
e-PSF

I am glad to find this thread on the Cirrus as Id like to piece together one of my own.

Of course, the kits are next to impossible to find...but I was wondering if anybody makes fuse replicas or has considered making a mold of the fuse?

Any leads are appreciated.

Fair skies, Andrew
Old 03-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Byron Betterly

I just came across an original Graupner Cirrus kit, original plans instruction books. The fuse is assembled without tail feathers and some of the original plastic wing joiners are missing. I do have one wing root part. Is it possible to find the original plastic parts anymore?