Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Folding prop info?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Leslie Ward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Folding prop info?

I am looking for info on various ways of securing folding props to there respective shafts. I lost two assemblies yesterday
( stock easy glider ) . The yoke appears to be made out of plastic/composite and it seems one cannot torque down the set screws enough.
What works the best? Should I epoxy it to the shaft?

EZ Glider, Himax 2815-3000 w/3:1 gears & 11X8 prop= verticle till out of sight on 8cell 1500 nimh,s

Any help appreciated.
Aloha, Les
Old 12-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Bad_Daddy

Default RE: Folding prop info?

I think you need to replace yours with a Graupner or APC folding prop system, made to take the kind of power you are applying to it. The EZ Glider is made to meet a price point, with equipment that will fit the needs of MOST fliers, and I think you have exceeded that "normal" limit. No insult intended, that's just the reality of any ARF.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Leslie Ward

Default RE: Folding prop info?

Yep I couldn't agree more. Seems like by the time You get one of these birds up to snuff you can just about double the original investment & maybe more.

Aloha, Les