Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Craft-Air Leo

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 01:01 PM
dcook07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craft-Air Leo

For anyone interested, I am trying to resurrect a Craft-Air Leo from a kit I got about 31 years ago! I have ribs, 1/2 of the stab, and most of the fucelage parts. What I don't have is the plans!
HELP!!![:@]
Old 01-26-2008, 03:45 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Default RE: Craft-Air Leo

Check with Ed Lightcap
[email protected]

He flew a balsa overcast for years.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:14 PM
dcook07

Today I am finishing up the stab. I used the right pannel I built some 30 yrs ago as a reference. It is a pretty cool design with the lattis style ribs, light and extremely stiff.

DDCook
Old 02-05-2008, 07:01 AM
dcook07

Hi all
Last night I started assembling the fusilage. I am doing this kind of in the dark as I still havn't aquired a set of plans! [&o]I layed out the fuse with demintions I found on the kit box, as well as measuring the existing parts. With the existing formers, I was able to make new ones using 1/8" lite ply. I now have the 1/8" bottom sheeting, formers, and longerons glued in place.
I will be glad to take any suggestions, info, plans, etc.If a tree falls in the forrest, and your wife dosn,t hear it, do you still get blamed for it?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:46 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Make the nose longer, or bring lots of lead.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:00 AM
dcook07

Hi guys,
I am still plugging away at this Leo build. Last night I carved out all that pine shaping the nose! I am not used to the fusilage length as I'm hitting every thing in the shop with it[:@]
I'm still waiting on a reply from enyone with info on this glider, maby I didn't submit my email correctly. If so, here it is;

[email protected]
Old 07-06-2009, 12:59 PM
jxklost

I know this post is 1 1/2 years old, but I have a set of LEO plans and instructions. I can have them copied at Kinkos (if that's legal) and ship them to you if you are willing to pay for copying and shipping. No other costs to you. I am in AZ.