Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

need help to identify this plane

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

need help to identify this plane

Old 03-28-2008, 06:44 PM
stargazerww

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help to identify this plane

Hi i am new to sailplanes and i am coming from flying helis and i need a little change in the hobby some thing i can relax when im flying and not crash when i blink so i tried this out and started with a ascent and then a ebay glider and so far im having fun and for a much cheaper expensive so far but then i got a used one as seen below

i purchased this sailplane from a guy at a hobby fair flea market in lebonon pa. for 80 dollars with a radio attack 4 good deal with a .10 os i converted it to electric and whent to a 9cap and it flies pretty good coming from a beginner it has a 96 inch wing span and the guy would not talk to me i guess he was up set that he didn't get 130 for what he was asking but he just walked away and i couldn't ask any questions about the history or the name of this plane ..........does anyone have a idea what this is if you need more info to identify just shot me what you need thank you so much
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88513.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	915976   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75890.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	915977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx63180.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	915978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xr45373.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	915979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ju12697.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	915980  
Old 03-28-2008, 07:04 PM
SoarLA45

Default RE: need help to identify this plane

Looks like a Falco SlopeMaster. Really good plane, had one of those for years. Downed by interference. ANy more clues about what it is? Was it an ARF or a homebuilt?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:22 PM
stargazerww

i have no clues i think its a home built kit nice kit thou strong wing weak tail i think its heavy thou but thank you ZAGIZ

i looked up FALCON SLOPEMASTER didnt see anything but 3 sites in german i think

i just got a reply from a differant site it looks like a SIG RISER 100 as per another person will have to check up on this
Old 03-28-2008, 08:30 PM
SoarLA45

It is Falco NOT Falcon, but this design is very old and was never very popular. It was most popular in Latin Amrica, where I live. Maybe that's why you cant find info on it....
Old 03-28-2008, 08:36 PM
stargazerww

oops sorry my lame mistake i am seeing pics of this plane now it is definatly a SIG RISER 100 thank you so much but ill look up that plane to i like to look at planes
Old 03-28-2008, 11:27 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

The SIG riser is a good flying glider. Thermals well and floats nicely not as good in wind as some. A super good first glider and a great go to bird for relaxed fun!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:00 AM
stargazerww

YEA I NOTICED THAT THE WIND BOUNCES IT AROUND A LOT is there anything that can be done to inhibit this ?? what on a plane helps to fly in high wind
Old 03-29-2008, 09:30 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: stargazerww

YEA I NOTICED THAT THE WIND BOUNCES IT AROUND A LOT is there anything that can be done to inhibit this ?? what on a plane helps to fly in high wind

Helps to fly in wind?

Ballast

Full scale gliders load up with water. We put lead in our models. They can jettison before landing (it makes an interesting show). We can't.

The ballasting strategy depends on the glider. I built plywood boxes for my 2meters that provide the strength to support the ballast. Then made ballast blocks that fit the box. Those were made with lead shot and epoxy. Easy to do.

There have been large models that used ballast plugs that fit inside the wing joiner tubes. You could adjust the amount of weight you carried with wooden plugs mixed with the heavy ones. That worked very good in a cross country monster back in the 80s. Only problem was it the sucker was fast without the weight, but was scary fast with it. The pickup truck couldn't keep up worth spit. Probably was more a case of the driver having more brains than the flyer. (Yeah, it wasn't me driving.)