Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Multiplex Easy Glider Electric RR ARF

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Multiplex Easy Glider Electric RR ARF

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 06:42 AM
sdg666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Easy Glider Electric RR ARF

Hi,

I'm looking for a trainer electric sailplan with 4 channel (aileron, rudder and elevator) and maybe crow/flaps, I tought avout this one... [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMYL0&P=ML]Multiplex Easy Glider Electric RR ARF [/link]. Is it a good choice, do you recommend something else?

I have been soloed last summer from regular rc airplane, it was a hobbicco hobbystar rtf, I'm in the progress of putting together a super stick, so I know i little about flying (maybe a little bit more because I was a real plane pilote a few year back).

Thanks

SDG666
Old 04-01-2008, 12:36 PM
SoarLA45

Default RE: Multiplex Easy Glider Electric RR ARF

The easy glider is an excellent plane, it can perform decent loops and rolls, but it does no reach the speed that makes soaring fun. You should try with a Spirit Elite. This is a balsa and fibre built up plane that is great for soaring with little wind, and when the wind rises, has excellent air penetration and can attain good speeds. It does have the option of crow/flaps and/or spoilers, and has 4 channel control. The control are really smooth and not too sensitive, but if you adjust the throws, this plane can be an easy trainer or a fast soarer. I recommend this plane because, unlike the Easy Glider, it has the option of spoilers/ crow/flaps, and it has more weight which means more inertia. After a while with the Easy Glider you will get bored because you will want to put whistles on the wingtips, come from a high altitude and dive until the wings whistle like hell. If you really want to soar, get the Spirit Elite from Great Planes. You can obtain this plane and all its accesories at Tower Hobbies (towerhobbies.com)
Old 04-01-2008, 02:18 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

What a crock. The EZ Glider is a great glider. It is less complicated and crow is not really necessary. You can set the ailerons to be spoilerons and that works just fine. Gliders don't have to be speed demons and diving down from great heights is not what most glider pilots do.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:11 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: sdg666

Hi,

I'm looking for a trainer electric sailplan with 4 channel (aileron, rudder and elevator) and maybe crow/flaps, I tought avout this one... [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMYL0&P=ML]Multiplex Easy Glider Electric RR ARF [/link]. Is it a good choice, do you recommend something else?

I have been soloed last summer from regular rc airplane, it was a hobbicco hobbystar rtf, I'm in the progress of putting together a super stick, so I know i little about flying (maybe a little bit more because I was a real plane pilote a few year back).

Thanks

SDG666
The Easy Electric is a great first electric glider. The stock motor will get you to soaring heights, but not very fast. I have one but mine has been upgraded to a brushless motor.

Either way it flies well and soars well.

If you have a larger budget some other choices

Renny
http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=1273

Cularis
http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=5477

Just some thougths.

The Ava E is one of the best soaring machines on the planet:
http://www.kennedycomposites.com/avae.htm
Old 04-04-2008, 06:52 AM
sdg666

aeajr ...

Could you tell me, what should I by for the cularis (as engine, batteries, gearbox, prop...) to be a good 1st sailplane? I'm really new to electric flying. Thanks!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 08:27 AM
aeajr

aeajr ...

Could you tell me, what should I by for the cularis (as engine, batteries, gearbox, prop...) to be a good 1st sailplane? I'm really new to electric flying. Thanks!!!

You click on the link I gave you. You scroll to the bottom of the page and buy the stuff on the list.

You may also find this link helpful - Cularis build discussion
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4&goto=newpost
Old 07-12-2008, 07:22 PM
cpnewby

How do you put the wings together (comes with "Dove tail") when you want to transport the plane?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:04 PM
sawdust
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fly an Easy Glider with a brush less motor. It flies great. I am not at all thrilled with the Easy Glider Electric with the stock power system.

But I also have an Easy Star kit that I fly as a sailplane. And I think it is a better beginner choice for a sail plane if you put in a proper power system.

An Easy Star is tough as nails, easy to build, easy to transport, and cheap to build. My Easy Star has a Mega 16/15/4, 45 amp Castle Creation ESC, full size receiver, Hitec 81 metal gear servos, and a 3 cell 2100 LIPO.

Mods include an extended tail and the wings are pinned through the spare so they will not come off.

In dead air you can easily get 30 minute flights. To find thermals take her straight up to 800 feet and start looking. With some thermal activity you can get 1 hour flights easily. I never fly more than an hour as my old body will not stand it.

For your first flights set it up so it is just a little nose heavy and then start working the COG so the plane is just slightly tail heavy. Set up this way the EASY Star makes an excellent sailplane. When you get ready to land trim in some down elevator.

With the Mega 16/15/4 you can do inside and outside loops, fly inverted, and do big barrel rolls. So it is also a great Sport plane.

Hook the rudder to the aileron channel and just go fly. Pretend you have ailerons. With the extended rudder the Easy Star will turn on a dime. Keep your first sailplane simple.

Consider an Easy Star kit - soup it up. You will love it.

One last point is that in my opinion the Easy Star is a lot easier to land than an Easy Glider.

Todd

Old 07-13-2008, 12:48 PM
elmog

sdg666-

Multiplex is coming out with the "EasyGlider Pro", similar to the EZG electric but set up to make it simple to install a brushless motor. If you buy the "Pro" you won't have to hack up the nose to fit a brushless motor. It's true what the above posters are saying about the lazy performance of the standard brushed/geared motor (It's not very exciting but will eventually get to altitude). The "Pro" should be coming out shortly as it's being advertised in all the RC magazines. You can even check out the Multiplex web site to learn more.
My EasyGlider is very beat up after a year of sloping (I learned to fly with it) in rough terrain but still flies well. They are a great design, one that will not disapoint you. I'm planning on buying the "Pro" for the glider park and the pure glider version for the slope. As far as durability, the EasyGlider has the stick and monokote models beat. Have fun.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:30 PM
astroboycp

Yes it's indeed a great plane to have. I've been enjoying mine and will soon upgrade to the cularis. Get it, you won't regret it.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:00 PM
cgoffa
My Feedback: (4)

If you have some descent building skills you would be better off buying the easy glider, as a glider kit, not only is this cheaper, but when you assemble it you can build a power pod to hang a brushless motor on above the wing, this keeps you from breaking props, and also allows you to fly off grass and snow, I know this increases drag but if all you want to do is fly around at lazy speeds and have fun, there is little speed penalty as drag builds exponentially. My power pod is made from hardwood paint stirs, gotten for free from home depot/loews, with some ca and kicker you can laminate them up pretty fast. as to the pod shape, I am using a two legged pod the back leg angles down thru the fuselage about 3.5 inches behind the wing and the front leg is set in a slot i melted into the foam over the wing using a soldering iron/hot knife. i am using a eflie 25 amp pro speed control that is velcro'd to the front leg of the pod, the wires i ran along the top and then down a shallow grove i melted for that purpose. ALSO BE VERY CAREFUL HOW YOU ATTACH YOUR CANOPY my first easy glider died the death of ejected battery, while in flight.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:45 AM
aeajr

Hi,

Thanks

SDG666

Did you buy a plane? How are doing?
Old 11-30-2008, 01:48 PM
cgoffa
My Feedback: (4)

I am doing really well with my easy glider. as to powering it there are several ways to get brushless power cheap. if you buy the standard electric easy glider, you get a 3:1 gearbox and 370 brushed motor. on my first easy glider I replaced that motor with the great planes ammo inrunner that comes with the synapse, it is also listed as a hop up for the flyzone diablo. take the pinion gear ( little gear on the end of the output shaft) and switch that onto the ammo inrunner, I used loctite and a dab of JB weld on the gear to lock it in. I used a 10 amp e-flite speed control, and this worked fine, keep the stock folding prop and you will be really suprised how this plane climbs. I dont really like this option, as there is very little room in the plane for battery packs.

Version 2.0 is a pure glider version converted to run a eflite 370 left over from my j-3 brushless, on a wooden pod stuck on top of the plane, this works very well, but requires careful attention to thrust angle. the best way to launch this version of the plane is to set it on grass and give it full throttle, with a 3 cell lipo it will easily take off grass/snow/wet grass. this version of the plane is flying the stock j-3 brushless prop, and I have the speed control set up for hard braking on the motor

version 2.0 gives me room for a zippy 3 cell 1600 mah pack in the nose with no clearance issues, just tuck your reciever into the pocket they make for it and you are golden
Old 12-01-2008, 12:54 PM
sdg666

No, I haven't jump into electric RC, du to lack of money, time

I've flown a gentle lady with a cox engine, was really impressed by flight time. But, one day, I'll switch to and electric powered glider
Old 02-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Smokin Cap
My Feedback: (49)

I absolutely love my Easy Glider......I have been in this hobbhy for almost 30 years and this is one great bang for the buck. I have mine set up for aerotowing and tow it behind my E-flite Beaver. I also sloap soar it at the local Beach and it can fly in lighter lift than the zagi wings.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78494.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1133824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97676.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1133825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bh94566.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1133826  
Old 02-12-2009, 05:30 PM
pitchup

Pitchup here.
Iam looking for a glider that I once had when I first started flying in germany, This was in the 1960.s when I was posted there with the Canadian Army. It was the Amigo 11. Can anybody please help ,and where would I be able to get it from ? Thankyou.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:44 PM
iflytailies
My Feedback: (82)

ORIGINAL: pitchup

Pitchup here.
Iam looking for a glider that I once had when I first started flying in germany, This was in the 1960.s when I was posted there with the Canadian Army. It was the Amigo 11. Can anybody please help ,and where would I be able to get it from ? Thankyou.
The latest Amigo is version III:

http://www.hobbydirekt.de/Aircraft/G...2813a022573343
Old 07-21-2010, 02:53 AM
theSteam

anyone still read this?

Are there settings for high and lo rates?

Or only as the instructions provide...

?

thanksssss