Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Step up glider

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 04:58 PM
hannie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Step up glider

Hello everyone, I'm new to rc universe- great forum. Quick question. I've been flying an easy glider for about five months.,beautiful flying glider. Thinking of stepping up to something a little bigger. I like the elapor foam tough stuff. Does anybody have any thoughts on any planes. my skill level is novice. It would be nice to get into something a little bigger just for the visibility aspect. Thanks hannie
Old 05-06-2008, 05:38 PM
SoarLA45

Default RE: Step up glider

Ok so you want an elapor glider. You can get the Cularis. It is an elapor plane from Multipley and you can buy it on Topwerhobbies.com . It is larger and than the easyglider and is for a higher skill level. But a novice can fly it too.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSBS8&P=ML
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42237.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	944400  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
hannie

Thankyou I was thinking of the cularis,didnt know if it was to advanced. Does the Cularis fly much different from the easy glider.? Where I fly is just a big open field no slopes. I like the elapor but I open to any suggestions. Thanks
Old 05-07-2008, 03:54 AM
Tinkrerpilot
My Feedback: (2)

Build a DJ Aerotech Chrysalis.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=848878

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852255
Old 05-07-2008, 06:31 AM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hannie,
If you're flying in a big open field, you should know that the Cularis does NOT come with a tow hook. The instructions show you how to add one if you want, but no hook or hardware is included. Of course, if you're flying electric, you don't have to worry about tow hooks, but you didn't say. Other than that, the Cularis looks like a great step-up. I've got one, but have to finish another project first.
Another thought for a step-up would be the GP Spirit 100 kit. It builds your choice of wings, either RES or flaps & ailerons. I built the latter and have been flying it for about 5 years. Despite being balsa, it's a surprisingly tough bird and handles very well, either slope or thermal. Good luck & have fun.

papermache
Old 05-07-2008, 03:13 PM
hannie

Thanks papermache,
My error I will be flying electric. I,m leaning towards the cularis. I agree the spirit is a beautiful glider I only wish there was an electric version. hannie