Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Multiplex EasyGlider Elecric

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Multiplex EasyGlider Elecric

Old 05-11-2008, 04:54 PM
sirwiam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex EasyGlider Elecric

I would be interested if anyone has tried this model and has comments .. Thanks .. William [email protected]
Old 05-11-2008, 05:19 PM
aquaflight

Default RE: Multiplex EasyGlider Elecric

I would say it's a good first plane. It's basically a Sailplane.
Check it out ... http://www.hobby-lobby.com/easystar.htm
and later you can do this ... http://www.fpvvideo.com/easy_star_project.htm
which could look something like this ... http://www.rc-tech.ch/videos/TX40/low_and_slow_1M.wmv
Also you should know RCU has this great reference review by owners ... http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...fm?kit_id=2878
Cheers AF
Old 05-11-2008, 09:06 PM
SoarLA45

Great sailplane. I do not posess one but have had the fun of piloting one. It flies with the lightest wind and gets good run times from a relatively small battery pack. It has only one defect: If it loses a lot of speed it will freeze for a moment and sometimes it is a little tricky to recover control of it.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:19 PM
SoarLA45

Although, I deeply suspect that the "freezing" was due to a lack of balancing and that the model required a bit of lead in the nose. The owner should have compensated for the balancing when he replaced the NIMH pack for LiPos and the can motor for an outrunner brushless from Great Planes.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:19 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have had mine for about 2 years. I just love it. I take it thermal soaring and slope soaring and sometimes I just leave the motor on and fly it around like a parkflyer.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:17 PM
elmog

sirwiam-

They are coming out with the Easy Glider Electric "Pro". The "Pro" version is set up for making a brushless motor installation easy. The stock brushed motor and gearbox that comes with the standard EZG is only capable of a rather shallow climb angle. Also, the brushed motor may also have a short life (mine did) compared to a brushless. Sooner or later you will want more spirited performance from your EZG and the wide selection of inexpensive brushless motors will make it possible. If you purchase the "Pro" it will be a relatively easy conversion as it will not have to be butchered like the standard version. The "Pro" may also have other changes that have not been announced. The Easy Glider is a great ship whether you fly the slopes or the flatlands. Jim
Old 05-20-2008, 04:39 AM
zackesch

i have one and its a beautiful plane to learn on. i tought myself to fly with that plane. i am planning on getting a second one because it is a fun one to fly, my first one is heavier due to the CA and accelerator.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:10 AM
astroboycp

Yes its a nice plane to fly.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:24 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: sirwiam

I would be interested if anyone has tried this model and has comments .. Thanks .. William [email protected]
This is an extremely popular plane. there are threads with hundreds of posts aboutu the Easyglider and easy Glider electric.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:13 PM
astroboycp

You may like to check out the new Pro version. You can put on a brushless ourtrunner without having to do any modifications as compared to the earlier non Pro version.