Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Aero-Towing

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:02 AM
lanpc
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero-Towing

I'm in the process of setting up a 1/4 Scale Hanger 9 J-3 Cub with a Zenoah G-26 as an Aero-Tug. The standard propeller for the G-26 is a 16x8. I'm curious what other Aero-Tug owners have found, did you change to a different pitch or diameter propeller for Aero-Towing?

What was your normal propeller that you used for sport flighting?
What propeller did you change to, if you changed at all, and what results if any?

Thanks
Patrick
Old 07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
iflytailies
My Feedback: (82)

Default RE: Aero-Towing

I am towing with an electrified Sr. Telemaster, modifications and details can be found here:

http://iflytailies.jimdo.com/aerotowing.php
Old 07-11-2008, 10:57 PM
pitviper51

im building up my huskly from kmp to tow my 2.6 m ventus once i get it. im planing on towing from the TE of the wing by reenforcing the fuse around the mount, the only worry i have is the rudder and ele are counter balanced,, any ideas on this?? im thinking a 60-70 foot tow line for safty. , neat thing is the scale between the models shoudl be close..
mike
Old 07-13-2008, 10:52 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

We tow with a Husky, it works great. I'll take some close up pictures of the setup for you later in the week.

The two rope is around 100 foot long.

Its been so much fun flying the tow plane I just got a Ventus so I can do it from the other side.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:10 AM
VARMS

with aerotowing when turning make sure the wings of the tow plane are as level as possible this means maybe a bigger servo in the rudder and the gliders wings should be kepp dead level for safe tows