RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

> BUYER BEWARE <

Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 AM
apwachholz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default > BUYER BEWARE <

Has anyone ever ordered directly from [link=http://www.nesail.com/]Northeast Sailplane Products[/link]? My experience with them has been HORRIBLE and I do not recommend dealing with them directly or through their website. 4 weeks ago I ordered a [link=http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=4826]Pike Electric[/link] and to date I have not heard a thing from them. I have called twice, left messages (very detailed) every time, and no response.

I heard good things about them and the sailplanes they offer but, I'd rather get a sub-par product with great customer service (or an actual requested delivery completed!) then go through NSP. They are one week from being black-listed for good. I even sent a 3rd email to Sal (the "guru" as they call him) bringing up the issue and STILL no response.

I guess they really didn't care about my $700 order.

I really would like to know where others have ordered their sail planes and also any feedback about NSP experiences. Thanks everyone.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:21 PM
evan-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: > BUYER BEWARE <

I assume you have not read any of the many posts on any of the r/c web sites...

Try Esprit in Florida and Soaring USA in LA, both are better to deal with.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
marktur

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I called NSP, talked to the owner. What a D-CK!

I then PURCHASED from a really great guy - espritmodels.com

He's the BEST! He flies his stuff, and is more than happy to talk to you about assembly or flying or setup. I would never hesitate to do business with him in the future, AND, I would be more than happy to pay a few extra bucks to make sure he stays in business (although his prices are GREAT anyway).

Can I post any better of a recommendation?

Cya!
Mark
Old 07-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Flyfalcons

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sal has also been banned from multiple websites for his shilling antics. Thought I'd throw that out there. Just the facts, ma'am.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:14 PM
fishguide
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Same thing happened to me! Rather then cancel I closed my charge account. They just don't care People keep buying and buying. Sal wouldn't know the truth if he was sitting on it. STAY AWAY FROM NORTHEAST SAILPLANES!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:32 PM
apwachholz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[X(] Wow! I never would have guessed there were so many with the same issues. This concerns me. So much so that I'm going to be sure to mention NSP in an upcoming podcast of mine - and the horrible reviews and service you will get.

However, on a positive note, I thank you all very much for pointing me in a good direction. And for anyone else with thoughts, please post them here as I would like to use this as food for my podcast and get the word out about NSP. Also pass the word to anyone else with stories to post here - the more people know about "Sal" the better our hobby (and our reputation) will be.

Thanks everyone. RCU rocks again!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:48 PM
marktur

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How about a link to your podcast? I'd love to check it out.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:50 PM
BMatthews

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There's a long running thread about NSP feedback. I would request that you continue that one rather than start another one. I would also ask that only people with direct dealings with NSP post to avoid a feeding frenzy flame war.

In line with this I've closed this thread in favour of the other main thread. To those that have posted here you're welcome to repeat your posts in that thread so you get your feedback in the right place.

I hope that you can all appreciate that while it's important to get the message out there that we need to avoid an all out slag fest. And threads such as this can easily turn into such mud pits. As someone already printed "just the facts maam, just the facts". Sadly the facts are all that are needed to paint the picture.

Here's a link to the other thread....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_20...tm.htm#2013884

This thread is closed....