Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Any Southwest Mo. gliders giders???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Any Southwest Mo. gliders giders???

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 01:26 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Southwest Mo. gliders giders???

Anyone interested in some low key but scheduled glider get togethers near Springfield, Mo?

High starts, piggy back and towing will be available and possibly winching. If interest picks up in a specific area such as RES we could do more formal competitions in the future.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:01 PM
jbrandon

Default RE: Any Southwest Mo. gliders giders???

While we are not Southwest Missouri we would probably be able to get a few up to attend a function in Springfield area. It’s a nice easy drive…

Jim
www.theshope.net
Old 09-19-2008, 03:37 PM
OzMo

Cool,
Nice winch and equpment BTW.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:32 PM
sjgoulet

Oz, im just north of you near Buffalo on 65 hwy, this would be no problem actually this would be great. Beats the heck outta flying alone most of the time
Have a great day, Steve
Old 09-23-2008, 10:05 PM
OzMo

Howdy,
I have not done it yet but I have a 14 ounce 48 inch span wing for slope gliding. And yes Virginia we do have a few good slopes in Mo. Have you ever flow at the dam at Stockton Lake? I would like to get a fall or spring glider get together going.
What birds do you fly?
I just know there is a bunch of glider guys around here. We could stir up some real fun. Keep it light and just fly what you got. I talked to a nice gentleman at our field just this last couple of week and he has F3B gliders and a competition grade winch. To strong for woodys he says but who knows! Any how the gliders guys are starting to pop up here and there so a get together could certainly happen. At our club there are GLs and other typical 2 meter stuff with a occasional BOT and very soon my Big Bird Xl woody 110 inch bird. We have o couple of high starts suitable for 2 meter and I just bought a 100' of Hose Monster 3 meter rubber! that should launch us up to around 500' [>:]

If fuel keeps going up we may have a larger crowd than we expect! for now we can just watch this post and when the numbers come up a little more we can discuss a get together. possibly we might establish an open glider night at our club field. Its big enough for 2 meter to 100 inch or so planes.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:28 PM
sjgoulet

Oz, i've been flying mostly dlgs have a solo enigma and a sidewinder 2 that i usually fly at my shop in Louisburg also when i get the time ive been flying a 3m Esteem, been launching the esteem from the high start and have just aquired a new winch but i need to get the line for it and get it set up. Have'nt been over to Stockton lake to fly at all running 2 bodyshops gets rather hectic so flying time is limited to when i get to my shop. Weekends have little time but i would take time to go fly with and meet some new people and im very sure id be able to learn something from them. I know a few guys from the Bolivar area that im sure would love to be there. Keep us informed on when and where and ill be there one way or another. Ive been away from flying for a long time and am now getting back into it, i have always loved flying the gliders so quiet and relaxing i know im addicted AGAIN, gonna have to save some $$$$$$ for a new composite bird who knows maybe this winter there will be a new one in the hangar.
Have a great day and keep us informed
Steve
Old 09-24-2008, 09:52 PM
OzMo

Flew my old Gentle Lady tonight with a TD 049 power pod. Bill a new member brought out a 2 meter with an electric nose job. Lots of fun. I think this should be a loose event with 'lectric gliders included. The less restriction the better. I don't have any objection to planes like the Butterfly and Piece o Cake either. If it will thermal and can live around a highstart and /or winch bring it!
Old 09-25-2008, 01:55 PM
sjgoulet

Electrics, why not the more the better. Just a few things to wrap up on my winch so.... there would be an extra one available if ya needed one for the get together. Im looking out the shop door and all i see are those big poofy clouds, wish i was done painting i know every time i walk by those gliders all i can hear is... fly me, fly me gonna go out after work behind the shop and stretch out the high start and fly some, its really to pretty of a day to be workin should be flyin instead. Well back to work before the boss gets after me... wait a minute thats me oh well that'll keep him quite for awhile.