Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

hobbylobby whisper two meter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

hobbylobby whisper two meter

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 12:00 PM
ghost rider 425

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hobbylobby whisper two meter

HELLO, I AM NEW TO GLIDERS AND TO R/C UNIVERSE.AFTER A FEW YEARS OF GLOW I HAVE DISCOVERED THE RELAXING AND BEAUTIFUL SPORT OF THERMAL FLYING.I WAS WONDERING IF ANY BODY HAS FLOWN THE WHISPER TWO METER FROM HOBBYLOBBY?
AND CAN IT BE FLOWN WHITH A HI-START?I JUST FLEW MY SIG RISER YESTERDAY WITH HANGER-9 HI-START FOR THE FIRST TIME I HAVE TO TELL YOU I AM HOOKED.HOPE TO GET GET SOME GOOD ADVICE.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:54 PM
AcintSpec

GR

I personnally don't have the Whisper but 2 or 3 in our club do. One swears by it and the other swears at it. The one having problems has mostly had a lot of bad luck landings (windy days, new plane and nervous) and broke the fuse in front of the wing. Got hit with a gust of wind as the flaps were deployed and it stalled bad. He also had problems setting up for the V-Tail and getting it working as he likes it. Other member got his set up to his liking quickly and it has worked out sweet for him. Needs more speed to keep going and through the turns than your Sig Riser but that is also the way most full house 2 meter ships handle.

R/Gene
Old 05-28-2003, 10:56 PM
ghost rider 425

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.ARE THEY USING A WINCH OR A HI-START?IS IT WELL MADE?
Old 05-29-2003, 07:10 AM
CactusJackSlade

Default Hi-starts

ghost rider 425,

I really like my whisper. I got it used and in good shape so I had little set-up time and it woks great.

Man it thermals well! It does not really "float" like a lightweight but any little life and it goes UP! Just keep it moving. It also slopes well... pretty good all around molded ship if you ask me. I have the flaps and ailerons and love the crow mixing set-up... it will parachute down to you... just keep the nose down!

Hi-starts? I have used the Dynaflite heavy duty high start with it (about 8 lbs pull stretched at 300 percent - 90-95 paces) and it is a weak for this plane unless you have some wind. It will work, but you need a bit more pull.

I am just got the competition 2 meter hi-start from Aerofoam

http://www.aerofoam.com/hosemonster.html

but have not had a good chance to test it properly. It pulls a lot harder and almost "zip" starts it. I wish I could find something in between the Dynaflite and this one, that would be perfect.

Hope this helps!

CJS
http://www.hobiehawk.com
Old 05-29-2003, 10:00 AM
AcintSpec

GR

We use a winch to get our planes up for the most part. The Club has 2 that we built and some of the other members have their own which they usually bring with them, With your previous glow experience, you should have no trouble at all.

R/Gene
Old 05-29-2003, 07:03 PM
ghost rider 425

OUTBOUND,

YOU CONVINCED ME,I CALLED MY HOBBYSHOP TOLD HIM I WANTED THE WHISPER ALONG WHITH THE SERVOS,TO MY SURPRISE IT IS SOLD OUT.SO I AM ON B/O WON'T GET IT TILL END OF JUNE.WHAT TYPE OF HEIGHT WERE YOU GETTING ON YOUR HI-START?