Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Radian - Battery Placement and CG

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Radian - Battery Placement and CG

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 01:08 PM
gdavis9999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radian - Battery Placement and CG

I *think* the velcro strap is for the battery although it appears there is a cavity for it further aft. Where do you place your battery and how do you get the velcro strap around it?

If I push the battery aft into the cavity, the CG is too far back (from manual: the CG should be 2.5" behind the leading edge of the wing).
Old 12-07-2008, 10:19 AM
jbrandon

Default RE: Radian - Battery Placement and CG

Push it back – if you are an experienced pilot you will want it back. I have a quarter taped to my tail and the battery pushed all the way in. And no the holes on the fin will not fit a quarter…

If you are new and a little unsure then leave the battery a little forward to make the Radian a little more stable and predictable.

Jim
Old 12-07-2008, 10:30 AM
gdavis9999

Default RE: Radian - Battery Placement and CG

I pushed the battery back and it's flying great. I am an experienced pilot. Thanks.