Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

ASpire battery question and more.. please read and help me

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

ASpire battery question and more.. please read and help me

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 06:00 PM
MD80Mechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASpire battery question and more.. please read and help me

Hello !!!

I just recently got me a Aspire ARF with 3 channel radio and electric motor which came with a 7.2 battery.
There is no information about the battery and how long it will last. Does the motor shots off first so I still can use the rudder and elevator before the gravity gets it and the earth sucks it down? How long can I use the motor ??????? How long can I use it when the motor shot down and able to sail? ??????? Give me some minutes as a good idea.
And what about the timer charger. Does it really do it as described ?????????? Or do I need to cycle it several times before the battery is fully charged. Well, I am ending up of buying me another battery too. What kind should I get???????
And how good does the airplane really sail ????????

Thanks very much for your guys help. I love this site !!!!
Old 06-01-2003, 10:04 PM
Jack Hyde
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ASpire battery question and more.. please read and help me

You can answer most of your questions by :

charge battery and hook up to plane
hold the plane while running the motor full throttle
note when it stops how long it ran
wiggle rudder and/or elevator sticks and note how long the servos respond after the motor stops

The plane should fly ok once you get it balanced and trimmed. It will sink faster than a similar plane that doesn't carry a battery and motor around.