Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Radian motor shaft pin

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 11:22 AM
gdavis9999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radian motor shaft pin

The ParkZone Radian brushless motor shaft has a collar on it that has a bolt which holds the spinner/prop assy. The collar is pinned to the shaft. Mine came loose and made a loud shrieking sound. The spinner/prop did not fall off, but could have. Since it's pinned and does not have an allen wrench pattern you need to strike it carefully with a punch if yours is loose.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:53 PM
gwh

Default RE: Radian motor shaft pin

Mine has an allen head set screw. It takes a 1.5mm driver. However since there was some red thread lock gooped on the area around the screw I could not get a cheap allen wrench into the hole but I could get a good hardened driver into the hole.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:29 PM
gdavis9999

Interesting. I bet mine also has a 1.5mm set screw (my eyes could not see it :-)

Did your shaft loosen up, is that why you punched it in like I did?

ORIGINAL: gwh

Mine has an allen head set screw. It takes a 1.5mm driver. However since there was some red thread lock gooped on the area around the screw I could not get a cheap allen wrench into the hole but I could get a good hardened driver into the hole.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:27 AM
gwh

I accidently broke the prop on my PZ T-28 while at the field. I didn't have another prop and there were no other PZ Trojans or Corsairs around today to donate a prop. Since my Radian was sitting there I decided to take its prop for the T-28. It is not the best prop for the T-28 but it was the only one around. I was not able to get the 1.5mm ball driver that I had in the hole but I borrowed a good hard 1.5mm driver from one of the heli guys. It slipped right in the set screw and let me loosen it to take the adpater off of the Radian and it tightened it back on to the T-28 motor. I also ended up taking the cowl off of the T-28 to clear the prop. Normally I would not go to such lengths to fly a T-28 but I had just set this one up for FPV and really wanted to try flying via video.

My adapter had a huge glob of red thread lock on it the partially filled the head of the set screw. I bet that your prop was not engaging the flat spot on the shaft when attached at the factory.