Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

FYI Radian replacement parts availability

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

FYI Radian replacement parts availability

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:40 PM
spirit pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI Radian replacement parts availability

After recovering my radian from a tree an incursion with a tree I contacted the company for some replacement parts. At this time II was told that It would be AT LEAST the end of April before I should expect to recieve them. The lady also mentioned that they had more backorders than they had parts coming in, and it could very easily be well into May or beyond before I'd receive my order.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:22 PM
CBM Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FYI Radian replacement parts availability

Sad to here about availability. I just picked my pnp radian today, hope it flies better than it looks []. At first it looked great, but while assembling it, a few things popped into view. The fuse has been broken and repaired at the factory in 2 places [X(]! On the right side 1/2 way between wings and tail, you can see where that half of fuse was broken in half, and repaired. On the left side, about 3 inches in front of tail, same thing. These were glued together, filled, and smoothed before the fuse halves were joined together. Therr are a couple other small areas that have been filled as well. Kinda wondering about q.c. and why I paid so much for a repaired broken product? Will reserve judgement till after flying though. Getting the feeling that I shoulda just got the multiplex cularis instead, as the glue/filler used seems very hard compared to the foam, so I am sure it is much heavier than it should be. I wonder if they will replace the fuse, or just say it is ok that way, or what. If no parts available yet, I guess I will see how it flies first.