Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Shoe Goo Vs. Goop

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 05:07 PM
norstaroption

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shoe Goo Vs. Goop

I just purchased a wing warrior ridge runner. Can I use shoe goo in attaching the two wings together? The instruction says to use Goop.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:09 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Shoe Goo Vs. Goop

I have used goop for lots of things. If the instructions recommend it, I would say use it. Have not used Shoe Goo.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:19 AM
punkrockd

same thing. i use either, i basically buy what ever one is cheaper. i've scored tubes for 2.50 sometimes at big lots. if you buy a can of tuolune at a hardware store you can thin the shoe goo or goop and coat the leading edge and it drys fast and gives it a thin rubber outer skin that is much more durable and tear resistant.

good luck with you wing. they are a blast.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:42 AM
elmog

I have used both. Use Goop! Shoe Goo tends to attack some foams, especially Elapor used by Multiplex. I used it on my Easy Glider when I installed the servos. It's very powerful stuff and wherever it was used it distorted the foam. It tended to cause dips in the outer surface of the skin under all of the servos which are very noticable. No such problems with the Goop. Shoo Goo does work really well repairing flapping shoe soles and heels. Again, I would only use Goop. Itis great stuff and can be found at Home Depot, Target etc. Jim