Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

ls-3 scale

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 04:01 PM
glidermatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls-3 scale

<hr size="1" style="color: #d1d1e1; background-color: #d1d1e1" />
don't know if i'm in the right place but anyhow, i have just bought a 3.2 meter ls-3 glider and was wondering if anyone on here had any information about this plane. it is made by multiplex, but thats all i do no. i bought it second hand obviously, it seems quite old but it is in good condition, and i got it with all the servos installed.
i have been flying 2 metre electric gliders so far but its time to move up the scale.and i'm quite close to a good slope, which i have flown all my other planes from.

if i'm in the wrong place i apologise now.

cheers matt
Old 11-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Tinkrerpilot
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: ls-3 scale

Right place. Right question. Got a picture of the plane??
Not fimilar with the plane, but it sounds good though. Always a plus when you can move up to something new.

tink
Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Ren DiLeo
My Feedback: (9)

The Multiplex LS-3 is a great flying sloper. there are many still flying at Torrey Pines in San Diego CA.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:30 AM
glidermatt

ORIGINAL: Ren DiLeo

The Multiplex LS-3 is a great flying sloper. there are many still flying at Torrey Pines in San Diego CA.
hello mate , i don't suppose you know any of the guys with the ls-3 who would send us a copy of the manual, at a price of course!

any help welcomed as usual
matt
Old 04-11-2010, 01:16 PM
crashtestdummys

Hello Glidermatt.

I have just bought an Multiplex LS-3 glider and got the plans and manual if you are interested in a copy? I´m living in Sweden.
ORIGINAL: glidermatt

ORIGINAL: Ren DiLeo

hello mate , i don't suppose you know any of the guys with the ls-3 who would send us a copy of the manual, at a price of course!

any help welcomed as usual
matt
Old 08-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Marniesman

Hi Matt,  wondering how you got on with getting the manual for the LS3 ?. I know it was a while ago now, but Just bought one meself, although it's still in kit form......... plans no manual!!!  Hoping to pick it up this week. Don't know how you've got on with it. I've been slope flying my LS8, which I absolutely love, saw this and couldn't resist. Was there any useful stuff in the manual, or was it all kinda par for the course?? Let me know how you found flying it. All accounts seem to be very good, and if it's anything like my LS8, it'll be a stunner!!! Thanks in anticipation, all the best, Peter
Old 08-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Dean S.

Hi All,
if somebody does manage to dig up a copy of the written manual for the LS3, I'd really appreciate a copy. Could it possibly be scanned and emailed?

Lucky, as Iam, I was talking with a stranger the other day, who had the model sitting under his house for years, and never had the time to build it. In the hope of seeing it completed and flying, he offered me the model, which Igratefully accepted from him the next day. It seems that the kit is complete, with the plan, but no accompanying manual. I imagine the manual would have some details written in ragards to some features that are a little difficult to make out in the plan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dean.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:43 PM
rcsoar4fun
My Feedback: (12)

I actually have one of these about ready to be covered.

Everyone I have spoken with have the same thing to say. Its a great flying airplane when built stock. They are good slope and thermal planes. Not the fastest thing around, but much better than a lot of scale birds for thermal work. Overall just a good honest airplane.

I had my doubts about the elevator pushrod setup. However, after setting it up per plans I have to say its solid with no slop.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Dean S.

Hi rcsoar4fun,
Is there any possibility of getting you to scan the written instructions and send them to me by email? I have found that a couple of details are difficult to decipher from the plan, such as full details on mounting the wings, and hinging of the rudder. I'm guessing the other control surfaces use either cloth tape or even the solar film itself for hinging, but I'd really like to build the model as per the instructions if I can.

I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out.

Thanks,

Dean S.