Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Replacement wing and airfoil for the Horizon Aspire

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Replacement wing and airfoil for the Horizon Aspire

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 02:15 AM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Replacement wing and airfoil for the Horizon Aspire

I have a Horizon Aspire with a damaged wing. I think it would be easier to build a replacement wing then repair the existing wing. I was looking for some suggestions on airfoils for my new wing. While I am a LSF 3 with all but my tasks done for level 4. I am not very active in gliders presently. I fly it at our annual Club fun fly on January 1 so it needs to be pretty much a min sink wing. Yet have some penetration if the wind comes up. I am using only R/E so I can keep the polyhedral and basically the same 2m plan form. What do you guys think?
Sparky
Old 07-05-2003, 03:41 AM
HeadEast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could buy it ARF

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...b=support#tabs
Old 07-05-2003, 03:01 PM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Replacement wing

Head east,
I guess I didn't make myself clear I was looking for a airfoil that would give better performance given the enviroment I was going to fly the plane in. I did check the link you provided and the replacement wing is out of stock.
Sparky
Old 07-05-2003, 04:13 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The S3021 is a good all-around airfoil for 2M.
Old 07-05-2003, 04:21 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

It's funny but I keep suggesting the Mark Drela wing section from the Allegro Lite but I have yet to build anything using it....

How about the AG 34/35 from the Mark Drela Allegro Lite?

Seriously though, I really like the precept of extending the sheeting to control the airflow separation over the rear past the high point that Mark uses on that design. His option for building the wing spars would result in a bombproof wing but I really don't think you MUST go that route. Especially with an Aspire fuselage and it's drag holding you back the launces may be better at a slightly more same pace anyway. 1/8x1/2 spruce with carbon tape top and bottom is a find compromise for easier building. But if you do use Mark's full carbon spar system I doubt if you would regret the extra time needed.