Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Newbie Needs Help - Which Glider?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Newbie Needs Help - Which Glider?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 03:21 PM
Mark Hansen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Needs Help - Which Glider?

Currently a intermediate plus air/heli flyer - would like to try an electric motor 6 foot plus glider, but not sure which one to get. Should I get a variable speed motor? Airlerons? Really - I am in the dark - Looking to spend up to $200 without the radio. Have plenty of std servos but no minis. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Mark
Old 04-04-2002, 05:42 PM
Ollie

Default Which Model

If you want more than a sluggish climb and still keep the cost to $200, then you need to limit the model size to 6 feet or under to limit the cost of the motor, speed controller, batteries, etc. A good combination would be a 60 inch span with a speed 400 motor and mini servos. A 6 foot span and a speed 600 motor will handle full size servos better. For more details, consult the electric power forum.
Old 04-05-2002, 05:06 AM
BruceDana

Default Newbie Needs Help - Which Glider?

One suggestion is the Electric version of the Omega from Northeast Sailplane Products. It is built in Eastern Europe and the quality and flying charateristics is outstanding. A couple flyers in my club have them, and I have one on order.

http://www.nesail.com/omega2m.html

The have them on special this week for $209.95

The electric version is not pictured, but I know they have it because they shipped one to me by mistake.

Good luck!