Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Gentle Lady & Kraft radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:00 AM
gene6029

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Gentle Lady & Kraft radio

I got a chance to finally fly my Gentle Lady I built over the winter. I put an old Kraft 2ch AM sport radio in it & it flew fantastic! Its so relaxing to fly, i cant believe it has taken so long for me to build it......Gene
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46857.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1413719  
Old 04-07-2010, 01:23 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Gentle Lady & Kraft radio

They are the perfect lazy day or late summer evening soaring tool. Wonderful to look at in the air and a superb stress reliever.

You did a lovely job with the finish. Carl would be proud.

But I hope you are sealing off the nose hatch and underwing opening with a sacrificial "peel off" layer of black iron on. Otherwise you'll find a lot of fuel and oil drips down and into the equipment areas through the rubber band gap and wing opening. Either that or now that you know it flys well swing over to a pylon electric setup. With today's Lipos and motors making a self contained strap on pylon that has both the motor and battery in it would be easy to do. Mind you then you'd need to bump up to a 3 or more channel radio.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:51 PM
gene6029

The wings are covered in Monokote, but the fuse is silkspan and Dope. Lots of carnuba wax on the dope!! Thanks for the comment..Gene
Old 04-07-2010, 10:43 PM
cfircav8r
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the Gentle Lady and have never found a radio with gimbals as nice as the original krafts. Just a note: Kraft radios were never gold stickered from the factory (although they almost always were within tolerences to be.) If it has not been gold stickered then you could run ito trouble with the FCC. As I said though they were well within tolerences as original so it would only be an issue if a member of the FCC inspected the radio. Not likely to happen, but I always found with my luck it would.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:21 AM
gene6029

cfircav8r, I send my Kraft radios to tony @ Radio South & he goes thru them for me before i fly them. I use modern servos with new Futaba AM recievers, so far so good....Gene