Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Customer service!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 03:57 PM
CBM Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer service!

Hi all. Contacted horizon hobby recently regarding my broken radian props. I had bought many replacements when I bought my radian, and recently the last one got thrown in my living room at 1/4throttle(checking proper rotation). I was very disgusted and upset as the weather has been turning nice finally and now had to use a nonfolder to fly with. Well, they said they would take care of it for me and not to worry. I've heard that from other suppliers as well, and lets say I was ready to go buy a different brand. Horizon hobby went above and beyond my hopes and actually stuck by me, sending more than I was hoping. I can't imagine a better place to buy from with customer service in mind. I have only had an issue with them once before when I ordered some rc car parts, and they were not what was advertised. They took care of me then as well, immediately sending replacement parts. I will continue to support horizon with future purchases, as I know they will stand by their products and customers. If anyone else has great service stories from them, or any vendor, post them up! There are enough negative comments on vendors(most well deserved), let's hear some positive ones for a change!
Old 05-15-2010, 11:52 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Customer service!

Horizon has great customer services.  We hear this same story over and over again.   Buy with confidence.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:11 PM
RogerParrett

I'll give my two cents here.

Called Great Planes on Friday. Needed a replacement canopy for my recently re/built (and subsequently discontinued) Spirit Elite sailplane.

The gentleman on the phone asked why I needed a new one (damaged on arrival, missing piece in kit, etc), and I told him that I damaged it during the (re) build process. He said, "No problem, we'll take care of it no charge." I explained to him again that there was nothing wrong on GPs part - but that I was the one who damaged it and had no problem paying for another. "Nope, we'll take care of it".

Wow. But from reading many posts regarding the major manufacturers and distributors (Tower, Horizon, JR, Futaba, etc), this industry seems to always go the extra mile for their customers.

r/s... Roger
Old 05-17-2010, 05:12 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There are some mfg and some retailers who will go the extra mile.  Great Planes, Parkzone, HobbyZone, e-flite, Tower, Berg, Castle, Horizon Hobby, Hobby-lobby, Hitec, Spektrum, Futaba, Mountain Models, are among the best.   I am sure there are others and I invite people to post their positive experience.  I have been impressed by all of these.

There are some mfg and some retailers that are aweful.  No reply to inquiries, no parts, no help, nothing.  These are often the cheap sites and the cheap model retailers.  The sell a product at a price and that's all you get.  I have read lots of comments about these too.  Their customer service is poor, and in some cases they don't really seem to even try.  They offer price and not much else.

I have tried some of the cheap products and the cheap sites.  It is very hit and miss as to what you will get.   And if it is a miss, the CS afterword is aweful.  I can deal with it as I have the experience, but some of the newbies are really hurt by these sites and providers.

So, if you care about CS, and I do, then you have to expect to pay a little more to get it.   So let's highlight the really good makers and good retailers so that people will know.  And we should not be surprised if one person reports a good experience and one reports a poor one.  Sometimes that is real and sometimes that is a matter of expectation, and some people have very unreasonable expectations.

So let's give the good guys a boost here.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:44 AM
RogerParrett

Ed... Agreed on all points.

Further, I was at Toledo last month and had a chance to run into Don Anderson (Great Planes Prez) in the Futaba booth. I had the pleasure of personally thanking him for his support of our hobby, as well as the excellent service his organization provides.

Nothing like "tellin' it to the top"...

r/s... Roger Parrett / Dayton / OH