Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Radian in pieces - help

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 09:32 AM
mikel7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radian in pieces - help

I flew for the first time today and now my radian is pieces. Is there any place on the east coast i can get parts? Maybe a simulator will help can you suggest one?
Old 08-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Lnewqban

Default RE: Radian in pieces - help

Sorry to read that, Mikel

Normally foam parts can be glued together.

For parts:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...arts%20Listing

RCdesktop.com has a good glider and it is a free simulator.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:23 PM
mikel7

Thanks for the info, i got it glued together but i have to order the prop spinner kit.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:17 PM
GlenIronPa

The radian is my first plane also. I flew it straight into the ground quite a few times. Glued and taped it back together. Eventually I had to get a new fuselage. The first few launchesof the new body I lawn darted also before I got the hang of it. I contemplated a simulator, but I worked/figured it out. The nose is bit smushed, but flies great. All most lost it a couple of times I flew it so far away.
Don't give up you'll get the hang of it. I havepushed some stronger, bit thicker than normal toothpicks intofrontfuselage down throught the wing slot and down through the front sides towards the motor and some strapping tape around the weak spots. Ihaven't crashedsince the first few timesof the new body and I fly it all most everyday.That's about 2 months crash free.
I launchitwith 3/4 thottle and a strong toss straight out, it will climb on its own.If you give it an upwards toss you may stall it. It only takes little taps of the stick to control the direction. If it starts to climb straight up I give it a little down elevator to keep it climbing more level. Make sure your launching and landing into the breeze. I use to talk to myself when making course changes to get my eyes and hands working together. If I wanted to go left I'd say "left left left" making my hand tap the stick left, the same for any other directions. If flying the plane towards you be mindful of whatis the left side of the plane and what is actually the right. All these tips I got from this great forum, except the talking to myself. I must be mental. If you haven't yet, do a search for the Radian threads and look through them all. Great info. I am pretty confident now in flying it in some what breezy conditions and landing it from most any wind direction. This plane will have lights on it next year and my new Radian will be personalized with some sortof paint scheme. Watch the you tube videos also. They may help you visualize what to do. You tube is loaded the radian videos. Good luck. If Horizon parts are backordered Red Rocket hobbies will probably have them. It's my back up for Horizon.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:12 PM
mikel7

Thanks for the advice Glen, the look on my wife's face when she saw the fuselage in three pieces was like , what's a 64 yr old man doing with a toy anyway and i told you so. Now i gotta do it.