Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

134" Multiplex Milan

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 05:28 AM
molokaiboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 134" Multiplex Milan

Got this sailplane from a friend, he thinks itsa Milan, and Ifound a little sticker that has Multiplex on it. Iam trying to locate an online manual for this model. It is kinda old but everything is still solid. Iwill be swapping out all the servos and updating them with newer ones.
It has 6 servos, R, E, A1/A2, F1/F2. Iwas wandering can Iget it to be fully functional without the use of a reversingY on a 6Ch rx?
Would a 7 ch rx+ be better suited for this set up?

Aloha,
Les

Old 09-13-2010, 05:39 AM
jetjockey69
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: 134

It all depends on your radio (transmitter). What kind of programming/mixing do you have available to you? I might be able to help you with the setup.

Where do you usually fly there? I used to fly Maluhia a lot when I lived in Hawaii years ago and was part of the MISO club.

~ Keith McLellan
Old 09-13-2010, 04:04 PM
molokaiboy

Iused a DX7 and an AR6110E.

Flaperon - On, V-tail - On Input Select: Aux2 - INH, Flap - INH

Servos:Th - Reverse, all other servos Normal
Travel Adjust: Gear - 0 both directions, Throttle - 0 Hi/100Lo

Subtrims: Th - H36, Aile - R16, Gear - +125, Flap - Up25 0 All others

Mix 2: Th - Flap Rate: Hi- 0, Lo 70 offset - 0 Sw- MIx

Mix 6: Th - Gear Rate:Hi -0, Lo - 100 offset 50 Sw- On

When Throttle is at lo stick Flaps go down and both ailerons go up.
Throttle at midstick all four surfaces are centered.
Throttle at hi stick all four surfaces are centered.
When Iturn off mix 2, flaps go down on low stick and level at hi stick. This way Ican turn of the crow with a switch but still have flaps.

Ijust need to figure out which way the v tail surfaces supposed to move and Imay be set for a maiden flight.

The above values are not finalized, Ijust wanted to see if it could be done with out a reversing y harnessor a 7 ch rx.

I'll do more tweaking on my values to get it better. Idon't like to run so much Subtrim on any of my models.

Aloha,
Les

Old 09-13-2010, 04:45 PM
jetjockey69

Hi, Les.

I've never owned a DX-7, but several of my friends have, and I used to help them with some of their programming, but it's been a few years, and I don't have one in front of me. I seem to remember that in order to have crow braking or two flap servos along with the rest, you would need the 7ch receiver. I fly 8ch and 10ch radios (Airtronics and Futaba), so that's all I have in front of me to refer to. Wish I could help out.

Best of luck,

Keith
Old 09-13-2010, 06:48 PM
molokaiboy

Iam quite new to setting up this type of model, and flying them. The model Ihave has a V-Tail. Iwould imagine it's similar to setting up a flying Wingwith Elevons. Iimaine that you use Rudder and Elevator for a Vtail set up. Up/Down Elevator should be the same for V Tail vs T Tail set up, please correct me if Iam wrong.
As for the rudder portion of the V tail; when applying Left rudder does the left portion of the Vtail go down while theright portion goes up, or vice versa, or does both tail sections move left and right to go right. This is my frist V - Tail so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aloha,
Les
Old 09-18-2010, 11:31 PM
molokaiboy

Iam fairly new to the glider, sailplane, sloaping flying. I tested all the servos and one of my flap servos seem to be stripped at center.
What kind of servos should Ibe using?
What factors should Iconsider when buying electronics for a sailplane of this size?
Digital or Analog?
Speed, Torque or Both?
Metal or Non metal gears?
DoIget the same servo for all surfaces?

Thanks for the help guys.

Aloha,
Les
Old 09-19-2010, 01:46 AM
jetjockey69

Always go for torque on this type of model when considering servos, and definitely metal gear, at least on the flaps! Analog will work fine, but digital is best, if you can afford it. And also make sure to make your servo/control surface linkage strong and slop-free, with no binding or rubbing anywhere.

My 3.7m Shadow is equipped as follows:

Elev/Rudder (v-tail): Hitec HS-85MG
Ailerons: Hitec HS-125MG
Flaps: JR DS-378

Rx battery: 4-cell, 2700mah NiMh
Old 11-10-2010, 09:22 PM
molokaiboy

What would be a good starting point to set my throws at?
Ailerons - 3/8" up/down
Elevator - 3/8" up/down
Rudder - 3/8" Left/right

Ihave my glider set up so if Iflip my gear switch flaps go down about 3/4" down. Ialso have a mix so Ican use my ailerons as spoilers. Ialso have a mix with my throttle; when active, half stick and above flaps are level no spoilers. As it goes to lowstick from half, spoilersand flapsmove proportional to stick movement.

Iam just looking for some starting point for controlthrows. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Aloha,
Les