RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-gliders-sailplanes-slope-soaring-112/)
-   -   Help Me Pick A Plane (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-gliders-sailplanes-slope-soaring-112/10212603-help-me-pick-plane.html)

RickShane 12-22-2010 04:35 PM

Help Me Pick A Plane

Hello all. I've been flying nitro for 20 years and want to get something I can fly close to home, and thinking of getting a motorized glider. Boy I don't know what glider to get. I want to use it to go to the park, put a cam on it, and get video of my neck of the woods. I want a 4 channel motorized glider, So I guess the EZ Hawk is out, but I love the looks of it. It comes down to the Hawk Sky, or the Big Scale 1.85-Meter (73") Dynam Sonic 185. Between the 2 what would you pick? The Dynam Sonic 185 has more power and bigger plane. TheHawk Sky would be good so the prop don't show in the video.I have a huge field across the street from me, and some big wide open parks close by that's perfect for electric planes. Let me know your opinion. Ialso want to get the new Dynam Cessna 182.

NOW....When I do get an electric plane do Ineed to get a lipo quick charger? I don't want to wait 4 hours for the battery to charge. and I know nothing about lipos. What all do I need to get to be able to spend the day flying electric? Any info would be GREAT!

<span style="color: #ff0000">Merry Christmas to everyone!!
</span>

Thanks!
Rick

aeajr 12-23-2010 12:21 PM

RE: Help Me Pick A Plane

ORIGINAL: RickShane

Hello all. I've been flying nitro for 20 years and want to get something I can fly close to home, and thinking of getting a motorized glider. Boy I don't know what glider to get. I want to use it to go to the park, put a cam on it, and get video of my neck of the woods. I want a 4 channel motorized glider, So I guess the EZ Hawk is out, but I love the looks of it. It comes down to the Hawk Sky, or the Big Scale 1.85-Meter (73") Dynam Sonic 185. Between the 2 what would you pick? The Dynam Sonic 185 has more power and bigger plane. TheHawk Sky would be good so the prop don't show in the video.I have a huge field across the street from me, and some big wide open parks close by that's perfect for electric planes. Let me know your opinion. Ialso want to get the new Dynam Cessna 182.
Don't know anyone who has one of these so I can't advise.

ORIGINAL: RickShane

NOW....When I do get an electric plane do Ineed to get a lipo quick charger? I don't want to wait 4 hours for the battery to charge. and I know nothing about lipos. What all do I need to get to be able to spend the day flying electric? Any info would be GREAT!

<span style="color: #ff0000">Merry Christmas to everyone!!
</span>

Thanks!
Rick
Depends on what comes with the plane. If it is an RTF that comes with a qucik charger then you may be all set already. A secondbattery is always a good idea. Fly one and charge the other. Most Lipo chargers will charge a pack in 1 hour, or less.

Tom Nied 12-25-2010 03:56 PM

You ought to take a close look at the Radian. I'm a powered flyer that found the Radian and it is a joy to fly. You hook into your first thermal, you'll be laughing in excitement out at the park. I fly mine at a fairly good size park and have no trouble. I take my folding chair out with me, a am/fm radio to listen to a talk show, and have enjoyed many a flight. Best flight for me was 1 hour 8 minutes. How cool is that. Very relaxing and very cool.

n2rc 12-27-2010 02:58 PM

The Radian has more bang for the buck.. You can get it for less then $200 Plug and play.. Just add receiver and battery:D

aeajr 12-27-2010 08:39 PM

I have several high end gliders, but I love my Radian and can highly recommend it.