RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-gliders-sailplanes-slope-soaring-112/)
-   -   PLANS FOR GENTLE LADY (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-gliders-sailplanes-slope-soaring-112/8354682-plans-gentle-lady.html)

marwen1 01-13-2009 06:15 PM

PLANS FOR GENTLE LADY

I am recovering from my Immune System having shut down and a 90 day hospital stay. Right now my FINE MOTOR skills are a little shakey so the best thing I can think of is to try to get back into building again. Something simple. I have a GENTLE LADY kit,
(original) but the plans are missing. So what else is new? LOL

Can anyone help ? I can print my own if necessary if you have a digital file, if not, I don't have a problem picking up the mailing costs.

marwen1

ama951 01-13-2009 08:17 PM

RE: PLANS FOR GENTLE LADY

Give RCM archives a try at the AMA site. I was looking through a few of their plans myself the other day looking for the Sagitta 900 instructions. Best of Luck and happy building.

LSF2298 01-13-2009 09:58 PM

I believe I have the Sagitta instructions if you were not able to find them.

marwen1 01-13-2009 10:54 PM

Sagitta instructions, I dont think, will cut it. I have thr GENTLE LADY kit and the insrtuctions for it. All I need is a set of GENTLE LADY plans to match everything else.

marwen1

ama951 01-13-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: marwen1

Sagitta instructions, I dont think, will cut it. I have thr GENTLE LADY kit and the insrtuctions for it. All I need is a set of GENTLE LADY plans to match ecerytging else.

marwen1
Marwen1, I think LSF2298 was referring to me looking for Sagitta instructions. My message to you was try RCM for the Gental Lady Plans. Hope this clears the air.

marwen1 01-13-2009 11:34 PM

ama951

sorry about that but as a MAAC member in Canada, we can't access what you suggest.

marwen1

Tinkrerpilot 01-14-2009 12:38 AM

R/C Modeler Magazine Store has the plans still available from them. Click the link below:

http://www.rcmmagazine.com/store/sto...ftVsg0yQs8G9m9

RCM Store GENTLE LADY by Carl Goldberg, $11.50

Think this should help you some. Although with as many of these that are out there. there must be someone not using their plans anymore.

Good luck,

tink

papermache 01-14-2009 09:39 AM

marwen,

I'm pretty sure I have a spare set. I'll PM you this afternoon when I'm sure. If I have them, they're yours.

papermache

papermache 01-14-2009 10:47 AM

marwen,

Got 'em, and you've got a PM from me.

papermache

squeakalong 01-14-2009 12:57 PM

Way to go, papermache!![sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]

marwen1 01-14-2009 03:39 PM

THANK YOU ALL so very much

I got what I wass looking for with an offer to send me a hard copy via carrier pidgeon also, someone said that they would send me a PDF.

marwen1

BMatthews 01-15-2009 12:25 AM

Take the hard copy offer since the PDF would mean a run to the printing center in your area.

Best of luck with the GL. I really should build another some day as it is one of the nicer calm day gliders.

And I wish you all the best in a full and speedy recovery. The place wouldn't be the same without you so take care of yourself but don't let that slow you down from looking forward.... a LONG WAYS forward.... :D

Tinkrerpilot 01-15-2009 03:25 AM

What BMatthews said!! Thasnks guys for the help. I knew the gang here would come through. Always a good bunch to help out in the long run.

Regards,

Lyle

marwen1 01-15-2009 03:57 PM

Thanks for the encouragement Bruce.

As you know, I've built my share of gliders but the GL is about as simple as I think I want to take on.

This health issue left me with absolutely "0" movement in my right hand and arm. I had to learn to even feed myself with the left hand and that is still a little shakey. Since my hospital stay from Sept. to mid Nov. I have been able to get about 99% use back in the right side. I started driving again about a month ago that's going well handling a #11 blade is a little trickey. LOL

You gotta love our CDN health plan though - eh? $0.00 cost for the 90 day hospital stay. Let alone all of the meds. On top of that, I'm a SENIOR CITIZEN. That also pays for my presrciptions. Hah! ... and I lived in the USA for how long? 38 years. Then I got smart and came back up here in'93.

Not to say there are no perks to having lived there. Shucks, ALL four of my kids still live in the DETROIT area.

I think that I just might start a GL thread once I get going with it.

again, thank you ALL for being so thoughhtfull,

marwen1

OzMo 01-16-2009 02:11 AM

marwen1,
A GL build is as fine a therapy as I can think of! (except for flying one):)

Is your kit a newer laser cut kit? I ask this because I just started a GL build with a buddy of mine and we are cutting ribs for a different airfoil. That means I have an extra set of laser cut GL ribs. If you want 'em their yours for the asking. You are also welcome to the plans. ( after I finish building mine )
Ozmo

marwen1 01-16-2009 01:17 PM

Ozmo:

That sounds awesome! What's nice about this particular glider, is that the wings are interchangeable. I was thinking about making a second wing - bumping it up to 96". I'm going to send you a PM with my contact info.

To answer your Q. this kit and box, etc. is well over 12 years old. It's just been hangin' out in a closet. Back in the late 80's, I built a GL and put a .049 pod on top of the wing. It worked well. I think I bought this one in the mid 90's. NOT LAZER CUT!

Most of the time, I SCRATCH BULD everything! I have a 36" printer and it can spit out plans at whatever size I want but since my little hospital stay, all the cartidges have dried up. It'll cost me well over $200 to bring it back to speed and I'm not working yet.

I am a retired professional photographer. I havn't had the umph is that a good word LOL to get up and start up again. I do have a few things lined up but not till March.

Your offer of a set of ribs is fantastic. I graciously accept.

marwen1

Jim_Purcha 01-16-2009 01:30 PM

Hi Marshall, unless you have a supply of balsa at home. Tower Hobbies has the kit for $49.00US + shipping. Great Hobbies has it for $67.00 CAD + shipping. Cellar Dweller might have the kit in stock or asimilar Sig Riser kit?

Sorry, I reread the first section. You have the kit. It's the plans you need.

Thanks

Jim

OzMo 01-23-2009 01:46 AM

Marwen1,
Our GL build is going well. I brought the ribs home and will likely mail 'em Saturday. No charge but you Owe me a beer if I ever get to Canada![sm=shades_smile.gif]

marwen1 01-24-2009 04:49 PM

Such a deal! Mybuild has been going reasonably OK. Most of the fuselage is built. I'll probably do the tail feathers next week.

I had built one of these back in the early 80's and as I recall, , I put a .049 power pod on top. I was out in Denver, CO. at the time with the JEFFCO CLUB. It was incredibly windy that day. One of our club members tossed her as hard as he could into the wind. Full throttle, and all that little engine could do was to sit there and hover till the fuel ran out.

What a trick flying in that headwind! LOL

So, a POWER POD it is. AGAIN. LOL

While I think of it, what do you think of making the WS extended to 96"? It's at 78" now.

marwen1

OzMo 01-24-2009 10:15 PM

Marwen1,
The GL flys so well at two meters I am not sure I would go the extra wing length. If you do ad 50% to the rudder. I say this but I am building one with a bunch of changes sooo I may be speaking with a forked tongue! Any how the post office said the ribs would be to you in about 5 days. I only have $2.50 invested in this effort so buy me a beer if we ever meet.:) Its worth mor'n that to me to know they will see air! I would have tossed 'em.
Good Lift,
OzMo

marwen1 01-25-2009 12:35 AM

What I was contemplating was to actually build 2 separate wings...
I look forward to your pkg.

marwen1

OzMo 01-25-2009 05:21 AM

Hi,
The extra ribs should be real handy then, enjoy. I would definately add some area to the rudder to turn the longer wings well.
A freind and I are building a pair with lots of changes. To loose some tail weight we will do pull pull on the rudder and swap the metal elevator push rod end for a lighter Carbon Fiber rod, we are moving the battery well forward even hollowed out the nose to let it sit 3/4 " into the nose block. We skipped the ply firewall and will use some lite glass over the nose. Just because we had one extra nose block between us we cut it in half and added it to ours. servos will be as far forward as possible as well. That means some hogging out of the former closest to the TE. I beam spars with Carbon Fiber caps. and we want to do RES so spoilers too:D same airfoils as an Allegro Lite. Full lengh D tube...other than that they are stock LOL;):D

marwen1 01-26-2009 02:10 PM

OzMo:
Got a couple of Q)'s for you.
1) How do you plan to launch your LADY?
2) If you put an engine on her, - where? nose or pod?
3) What props would you prefer?
4) Sailing in calm or breezy weather?

The reasons I ask is many fold.

marwen1

OzMo 01-26-2009 10:49 PM

Hi Marwen1,
These Gentle Ladys will be able to launch via all methods. But most often will be high start I think. I did just finish a 2 meter Telemaster with an OS 91FX that can aero tow or piggy back for glider launching where we also fly glow planes. Our primary field is to narrow for good hightstart use. Have found a few nice spots for the regular highstart and my 3meter Hose Monster though.

marwen1 02-07-2009 06:02 PM

Hi OzMo:

THANK YOU so very much for the RIBS. They are AWESOME!

Right now, the fuselage is made and half of the wings are done. I'm working on the tail feathers this weekend. I started out to cover the fuselage with some MONOKOTE. but now I can't locate my doggone trim iron. LOL

-

TAIL FEATHERS are done.

About all that's left to do now is join all the wing sections together.

marwen1

It was really nice chatting with you this afternoon, as well.

You gave me some great ideas